"I'm Just Saying"...

Options
2»

Replies

• profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Yes! I totally agree. I often say hello to people and they just walk on by. Strange. Are people just shy? I wonder sometimes. It doesn't cost anything to smile and say hello. There are very friendly people out there, so I try to remind myself of that! The PMS thing is tough. I find that I have to stay away from certain people during that time!!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    God bless all the daughters who take their moms to the doctor's office. It can be a draining experience. I used to do it all the time, but now my my is gone (almost 2 years now) and I miss her.

That was me & my daddy...almost 2 years, too. How many dads allow themselves to be so vulnerable?

All my best goes out to you...I would be heartbroken too.
    I still have my most adorable, inspirational 80 year old Mama....I love her so. I drive out to sit with her and a cup of coffee twice a month (300 miles away) & by early afternoon we catch whatever girly movie is playing at the only theatre in town.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I really dislike it when someone starts a thread, seemingly looking for motivation, advice, support, etc. Then doen't have the courtesy to return to acknowledge anyone, after some have taken the time to write a response. Then, I see others catch an attitude when the thread is "viewed" but not responsed to. Maybe, I'm not aware of the acceptable "virtual behaviors". I just find it RUDE... if you posted I'm sure you came back to VIEW the responses.

[hand up] - Im guilty of doing this. I dont think you're talking about me specifically, but I wanted to share....the odd thing is...I actually talk back to the thread so in my mind Ive responded to everyone who replied to my thread. Weird, I know...but that's what I do.
  • CoachNancy
    CoachNancy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with everything that as already been said...and said eloquently! :smile:

Sad to say that I now find I live in an area where if you say hello or kiss my @** people look at you the same way. It's the "who are YOU to speak to ME!" look. lol

Oh well let's just keep on going like we have just too annoy them all. :tongue:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I really dislike it when someone starts a thread, seemingly looking for motivation, advice, support, etc. Then doen't have the courtesy to return to acknowledge anyone, after some have taken the time to write a response. Then, I see others catch an attitude when the thread is "viewed" but not responsed to. Maybe, I'm not aware of the acceptable "virtual behaviors". I just find it RUDE... if you posted I'm sure you came back to VIEW the responses.

[hand up] - Im guilty of doing this. I dont think you're talking about me specifically, but I wanted to share....the odd thing is...I actually talk back to the thread so in my mind Ive responded to everyone who replied to my thread. Weird, I know...but that's what I do.

LOL... This made me :laugh: . I never would've thought someone to do that :laugh: I'll take that into consideration, next time. :flowerforyou:
  • spicy618
    Options
    Oh, goody (yikes, I just typed that)...any way.

Please explain to THIS newbie about "My Home" & my "Profile"

2 ques:

Which one do I check? & why do they both seem to have different conversations going on at the two places?

Also, if I answer someone on my page, do they see it?

I think I answered myself yesterday, bec' I received a message that I sent a message...????

Too funny, but I'm not quiet the "blogger/poster" yet...don't get me started on the acronyms...totoally lost, sometimes...thanks!

Did you figure it out?

My Home Page - Will have the "recent feed" from all your Friends. If you make a "comment"here all your friends will see.
    My Profile - Will have whatever YOU have recently posted. If you make a "comment" anywhere in MFP it will appear in your "Profile". I think that's how it works. :ohwell:

About the acronyms -

BUMP = this brings up the thread to the most Recent "position" and to the top of the page.
    HRM - Heart Rate Monitor
    BMR = something Metabolic Rate = the amount of calories you would burn if you laid in bed all day.
    THR = Target Heart Rate

I can't think of anymore at the moment....
  • brendigram
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your post, I've had those same thoughts at times.

I'm looking forward to getting after this weight loss for REAL this time...I'm hoping to jump in and be a help as well as receive a good kick in the pants to stay with my goal. I have 50 lbs to lose, however I'm focusing on the first 35 for now....

Have a wonderful day!
  • spicy618
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your post, I've had those same thoughts at times.

I'm looking forward to getting after this weight loss for REAL this time...I'm hoping to jump in and be a help as well as receive a good kick in the pants to stay with my goal. I have 50 lbs to lose, however I'm focusing on the first 35 for now....

Have a wonderful day!

Hey! Welcome!

We moved you enough to Post for the FIRST TIME :bigsmile:

I was "lurking" for months before I posted anywhere :embarassed: Now, I feel like I'm right at home.

Good for you on Doing Something... If you've been here since Jan and you are still at it. I believe you are going to Complete your "mission". They say, 90 days is the point where most people give up because they haven't seen the "progress" they expected. Check out the Recipe Forum often... :wink:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Oh, goody (yikes, I just typed that)...any way.

Please explain to THIS newbie about "My Home" & my "Profile"

2 ques:

Which one do I check? & why do they both seem to have different conversations going on at the two places?

Also, if I answer someone on my page, do they see it?

I think I answered myself yesterday, bec' I received a message that I sent a message...????

Too funny, but I'm not quiet the "blogger/poster" yet...don't get me started on the acronyms...totoally lost, sometimes...thanks!

Did you figure it out?

My Home Page - Will have the "recent feed" from all your Friends. If you make a "comment"here all your friends will see.
    My Profile - Will have whatever YOU have recently posted. If you make a "comment" anywhere in MFP it will appear in your "Profile". I think that's how it works. :ohwell:

About the acronyms -

BUMP = this brings up the thread to the most Recent "position" and to the top of the page.
    HRM - Heart Rate Monitor
    BMR = something Metabolic Rate = the amount of calories you would burn if you laid in bed all day.
    THR = Target Heart Rate

I can't think of anymore at the moment....

spicy618 thanks so much...with your help I figured out 95% of it in the last 24 hours...but I still received another message to myself FROM myself! funny...

I believe someone posted something on my "Profile" page and I answered it FROM my "Profile" page & it had the above result, plus I don't believe the person ever received it...make sense? Not Posting, but answering w/a comment on my own Profile comes back to me! Does that sound correct?

I really appreciate the clarifications...I know, I know....hoping I'm not hopelessly lost! Probably a little too non-traditional for all this...ha ha