Runners--need race schedule input!

Options
I am running my first 10k on April 6 (CRBR in Charleston). How soon is too soon to run a second 10k?

I'm using Jeff Galloway's 10k training plan (though I don't take walk breaks) -- I chose this one because it includes a few training runs at or above the 10k distance (other plans I found don't have you running 10k until the race itself). I'm currently on week 7 and loving it.

I'd like to sign up for another 10k on April 13, but have some doubts about running another race so soon.

I do have several 5ks under my belt, but I haven't raced on back-to-back weekends before.

What do you think?

Replies

• Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be fine. At that distance you shouldn't really need much/any recovery time for the race.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    No, not too soon ! You are already trained so might as well
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Go for it! A week between should be plenty of recovery.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Any thoughts about my training for the week between?
  • samanthasimps0n
    samanthasimps0n Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm currently training for a half marathon and my plan has me running 6 miles at least once a week. I think you would be fine to run another 10k 1 week after your first one :) I would take the following 3 days off of running completely to rest your muscles. Then maybe do a 4 mile run, followed by a 5-6 mile run, then a cross training day (yoga, spinning, something light), then race day! Good luck! Its great to see you running :)
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm currently training for a half marathon and my plan has me running 6 miles at least once a week. I think you would be fine to run another 10k 1 week after your first one :) I would take the following 3 days off of running completely to rest your muscles. Then maybe do a 4 mile run, followed by a 5-6 mile run, then a cross training day (yoga, spinning, something light), then race day! Good luck! Its great to see you running :)

Agree