Roasted Broccoli

Options
Preheat oven to 450 degrees

3-4 crowns of broccoli trimmed to florets
1 teaspoon or so of extra virgin olive oil (I find that the less I use the crunchier the broccolis get)
1 teaspoon of salt
1.5 teaspoons of fresh ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large gallons sized zip lock bag and shake until all of the broccoli is coated.

Pour onto a cookie sheet and bake for 23-28 minutes until crispy and brown.

They're like crunchy little broccolis and I just snack on them plain. Or serve with grilled chicken for dinner.

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees

3-4 crowns of broccoli trimmed to florets
    1 teaspoon or so of extra virgin olive oil (I find that the less I use the crunchier the broccolis get)
    1 teaspoon of salt
    1.5 teaspoons of fresh ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large gallons sized zip lock bag and shake until all of the broccoli is coated.

Pour onto a cookie sheet and bake for 23-28 minutes until crispy and brown.

They're like crunchy little broccolis and I just snack on them plain. Or serve with grilled chicken for dinner.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    GREAT recipe - thanks for sharing! You can also do it with a bit of white wine, and then finish with lemon zest - very delicious!

:smile:
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I make it when I'm craving chips and it totally satisfies my cravings.

Also, to make sure that I don't get lazy I pre wash, chop and bag all of the broccoli right when I come home from the grocery store. So, when I start to get the cravings all I do is throw the salt, pepper and EVOO in the bag and bake.

No excuses :smile:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love roasted veggies! My husband and I roast just about everything, but not broccoli very often. Will have to try this. Thanks!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this recipe.
    My girls love broccoli so I need new ones to make it.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Mtscruffy
    Mtscruffy Posts: 28
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonite (it had cauliflower and carrots too) and it was DELICH. Also - very filling. Thanks for the recipe!
  • bellastella86
    bellastella86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We do this too! But we add a little chili powder and garlic to ours for some extra flavor. Tastes like treat! Can also be done under the broiler if you're short on time.