Ready to intensify my work-outs...looking for suggestions.

Options
I have been a part of MFP for about a month now. Since joining, I have been walking, strength training and the occassional work out DVD. But, I am at the point where I think I am ready to increas the intensity of my work-outs to up the amount of pounds I lose. Any suggestions for a good way to start out? I am thinking of running, but not sure my joints can handle that yet.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss. Awesome. Im interested in the same thing you are. I actually started bumping up intensity levels on the eliptical and bike. Each week I go a level higher, also increase the time by 5 minutes each time. That way its a slow process.
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    You could try starting running with a program like Couch to 5K. Another option to up the intensity is to start incorporating High Intensity Interval Training into whatever type of cardio you are doing.
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You should try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred! It's a great DVD and its only 20 minutes but don't let the 20 minutes fool you, it's intense! :noway:
  • wjassell
    wjassell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the Beachbody products. I personally use P90X however there are other programs with varying levels of intensity. I think a lot of people do Turbo Jam as a good stepping stone.
  • jmatecki
    jmatecki Posts: 32
    Options
    I like p90 and p90x from beachbody....both great workouts. P90x is EXTREME!
  • cindyrella804
    Options
    I love P90X! That's a great way to intensify your workouts!
  • erinlindsay
    Options
    what does bump mean??? i always see it