Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Working to keep my weight down this time

fitchic_76
fitchic_76 Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, it seems a lot of people struggle with this problem, as have I. Generally, I will find something that works for me, but then life gets in the way sometimes and reverses all of the hard work I put in. This time, no excuses, I need to get my weight down for my career. I want to keep it off this time.
939880.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Instead of finding temporary fixes of things that work for you for a little bit, invest the time and energy into making a lifestyle change. Losing weight is the benefit of getting healthy, but it will come back if you don't make the changes you need to do it right. This website is a great tool for supporting a healthy life change. I wish you a lot of luck with your journey.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Definitely what kellykat said!!! I wasn't really ready to lose weight until I grasped the idea that this is for LIFE, this is a lifestyle - not a diet, and I can't lose weight unless I know this is mainly to get healthy.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    the best thing to do is to make this change a lifestyle change, not a fad diet that's gonna make you lose weight fast, but is unsustainable in the long run. the best thing about mfp is that it's taught me to eat smaller portions of better foods, and to eat a variety of things (like more veggies!!) if you work on that, and keep in mind that true healthy weight loss takes time, then you're setting yourself up for success! good luck!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    You have to make up your mind that this is not a diet but that you are changing your life and eating habits. Once it becomes apart of your daily living and once you make up your mind to follow it even when you reach your goal weight, you will be more likely to keep it off, because now its a part of your life and not just for an occasion of some sort.

Try not to restrict yourself all at once, baby steps, alot of people dont stick to eating healthy because they cut out all the stuff they love and then they get bored and miserable with their new eating habits. You can eat what you want, just in moderation and small portion

I hope you stick to it and get the results that you are looking for

Goodluck
This discussion has been closed.