spectacular fall of the wagon :( bank holiday weekend disast

Options
I was doing really well before the Bank holiday and then its all fallen apart! ive been training to run a 10k race n ive only been running once since thurs and ive been eating a ridiculouse amount of food and drinking even more!! i need some encouragement please :) Xx

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Consider this a temporary state. Get up dust off and move forward. You are here for a reason!!! You want to get healthy. You can and will. Get back to it my friend. I know you can.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You can't change what is in the past, but you can change the future. It's hard to recover after falling off of the wagon, but it's doable. Remember the reasons you are here and what you want to accomplish. This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon so start taking steps in the right direction. You can and will do it!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day (says a fellow banker) :D
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon over the weekend as well. All that bun and cheese, I ate myself silly. But first thing monday morning, I was back on the wagon and worked my but off and watched what I ate.

Thats all you can do, is move forward, the weekend is gone, its now in the past.

You have to move forward, you can do this, dont beat yourself up too much about what was

Goodluck
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    don't look back, look forward. what's done is done and it doesn't matter anymore! Today is a new day and you're gonna kick it's *kitten*!! :)
  • audrenr
    audrenr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. Just couldn't pass up mom's homemade potato salad and my husbands mac n cheese :) I think you deserve a splurge day every now and then. But like everyone else says, get back on track the next day, and you will feel even better about yourself!!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I had a bad bank holiday but no where near as bad as the guy i work with

1 full english brteakfast
    6 Macdonald Qtr pounders with cheese
    2 supersized fries
    10 chicken nuggets
    15 pints of fosters by 5pm
    plus at least another 7 pints by 2:00am
    oh and two McDonalds milkshakes

and that was just one day

about 9000 calories, i bet your fall of the wag was no where near :O) see i bet your not so dissapointed now
  • pixietwilight
    pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I looked for this on a friends facebook page and I thought I would share.

"Life is an ever changing process, and nothing is final. Therefore, each moment and every new day is a chance to begin anew." ~ Barbara Cage
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Forcing myself to get out and run always "refocuses" me when I struggle....I need to run today!!!!
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way. I've been over-eating on my calories & since I'm sick I'm eating what I feel like because I know I need SOMETHING. I don't want to work out, I don't want to do anything but sleep and be lazy - and I've been letting myself do just that. I actually got to the point yesterday where I was almost crying because yet again, I'm starting something that I'm going to fail at. I am so proud of you for speaking up. I have the very bad habit of keeping my mouth shut when I'm feeling discouraged and upset. Look at you! You said something and asked for encouragement! That in itself is a triumph!

Keep your head up. Start with something small - cutting your portion sizes or by telling yourself that you WILL do something today. I decided that I was going to walk yesterday. I didn't want to do anything intense because I'm having problems breathing (stupid congestion) but I needed to do something. So I walked. Very leisurely for about 2 hours total. It wasn't much & I'm sure I didn't burn very many calories (I haven't logged it in yet - I was going to then saw your post) but it was something outside of my sedentary life and helped me to feel a little bit better.

We're here for you! You can do this! Let's be healthy together!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. This afternoon is my weigh in at Weight Watchers and I can honestly say I've thought about skipping it. But I'm not going to. Gain, lose or break even...I need to face the scale even if I don't see the numbers I'm hoping for. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I started reeling in everything again yesterday and am looking forward to putting today's weigh in behind me!!!

Today is a new day and just take things from here!!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I took Fri, Sat, and Sun off from excercising and even though I did decent as far as food, I felt like I fell off the wagon. Monday morning I was feeling totally guilty and had those thoughts of giving up, and I ran across a post in the (I think) success stories section of the message boards that showed everyone's before and after pics. Talk about motivating!! Take a look at that post and imagine yourself in the after pic. We all falter a little, the most important thing is getting back into it. Good luck girl, you can do it!