Do I have the highest BMI on MFP?

Options

Replies

• eb12112
    Options
    It's not where you start, it's where you finish.

love this!!!
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Don't look back.

Don't look around.

DON'T GIVE UP.

Gaze steadily in front of you and keep moving forward.

The journey is just as important as the final destination.
  • nomesw84
    nomesw84 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is that you're doing something to change your life. Just need to focus on where you want to be and work on getting there rather than dwelling on what you weigh now.

Things can only get better so they say! Good luck :smile:
  • skinnyiverson
    Options
    I also have a high BMI. I honestly think you are so brave for owning it and working to get it down. You are an inspiration to me. Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter how high your staring BMI is. Like one of the people commented earlier, you are here and that number will change if you don't give up :smile: There are so many people who aren't even trying to change. So congratulations for starting! You're awesome :wink:
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    If you visit the Success and Motivation portion of the board, you'll certainly find members who started where you did or with even higher BMIs that have done it. Don't feel lonely.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Starting off with a BMI this high will just make it that more impressive when you lose the weight. Best of luck
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I've seen people on here with BMI's in the 70s so I'm sorry, you are not the highest :-P I started with a BMI of 60 and I'm now down to 49.. I'm now just regular morbidly obese.. not SUPER morbidly obese. CRAZY.
  • VersusTheMoose
    Options
    Started at 43.7 and is now 35.6.
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you're not even close. I started at my weight loss journey at a BMI of 71 (back in October 2012) and I'm down to 52 now. Still a long way to go, but worth every single step. Don't worry about numbers just keep doing what you need to do to be healthy and the numbers will sort themselves out. :)
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Mine was about that high when I was at my highest weight (383) several years ago. Now, I'm about 6lbs away from being out of the overweight category and in to the "healthy" category.

As easy as it is to feel overwhelmed, remember that you can do this! Hang in there & keep up the great work!
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm friends with someone on here who is 601lbs...I'm sure her BMI is higher than yours! You are not alone. There are many many many of us who are/ were in your ballpark.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm at 54.2, but I started at 63.7. And there's no way I was the biggest person on MFP. I had friends that have lost sooooooooooo much, and started out bigger than I was. They're my inspiration! Think of it that way! Once you get done, you're gonna be an even MORE amazing inspiration bc of where you started!!!!!!!
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Ed might beat you but I'm not about to figure out what his starting BMI was.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/eddavenport
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Namaste1983

She prob had you beat too. She's AMAAAAAZZZZZING!!!!!!!
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    When I started, my BMI was 62.4. I am now down to 40.6.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Many congrats to those who have lost so much - what an inspiration!

OMG... I really AM the most overweight person on this site.

I find that rather lonely AND scary!

You've been making such awesome progress, even if you don't see it. From the posts that I've seen, you're on the right track. Don't stress so much about where you're at. Focus on where you want to be.

Unless the BMI was calculated with calipers or some other official tool (that's been calibrated and certified) in a doctor's office, I wouldn't necessarily put much value in the number. And even if it was done with calibrated equipment, if you keep doing what you're doing, today's numbers will be yesterdays.

So, if I can make a suggestion, don't stress about the BMI. Don't stress about comparing yourself. Doing so is just a form of self-sabbotage if you focus all of your attention on it.

Don't succumb to self-sabbotage. You're stronger than that. :)
  • supah_
    supah_ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Many congrats to those who have lost so much - what an inspiration!

I doubt very much that you are the highest. They are just not online right now ;^) <3
    Best wishes for you! You're here and doing something about it - and so i think you're halfway there by making the decision to do something about it!
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It's not where you start, it's where you finish.

Totally agree with this.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

There have been members who have started at over 400 and a few over 500. I can't think of their names, but I saw one dude who in the Success forum who really pulled through - and he topped over 500 to start with! You're not alone!!!