Not Losing weight : (

Options
2»

Replies

• iheath
    iheath Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had this issue as well. So i bought a new weight scale (weight watchers from bed bath and beyond) and then i also bought a food scale to measure the weight of food (biggest losser brand from bed bath and beyond) I have noticed a HUGE change. I also scan the things i eat so i get the nutrition off the labels.

Sounds like you are gaining muscle first and also what is your total calorie intake. Dont give up!!!!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Muscle weight a lot my dear. If you are exercising 6 days a week you are losing weight but gaining muscles...you may be in better shape.

It's very difficult if not impossible to add muscle while on a caloric deficit. Strength training will preserve and strengthen the muscle that exists, but even professional body builders eating all the right things only add about a pound of muscle a month. There is simply no way someone eatiing 1200 calories a day has miraculously added 8 pounds of muscle.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Muscle weight a lot my dear. If you are exercising 6 days a week you are losing weight but gaining muscles...you may be in better shape.

It's very difficult if not impossible to add muscle while on a caloric deficit. Strength training will preserve and strengthen the muscle that exists, but even professional body builders eating all the right things only add about a pound of muscle a month. There is simply no way someone eatiing 1200 calories a day has miraculously added 8 pounds of muscle.

Doubly so when all the exercise OP is doing is cardio and "toning," which I presume means a bunch of lunges and curls and 2-lb dumbbells.