What to do what to do

ScarletTarah
ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I had my teeth cleaned, deep cleaned last night and they are so sore today.
I can't chew i'll be drinking soup.
I am worried about this, I don't want to then gain a few pounds the next day when I start eatting normal again, like when i'm sick I only eat popcicles and lose 2-3 lbs then gain them back plus some more.
I'm not really a soup broth person is there enough calories in these for it to be ok to only eat this, we made stew last night for just this purpose but even the soft veggies have to be chewed.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Try protein shakes. :) Put fruits & veggies in so you get your nutrients. Take a multivitamin until you can eat again so the vitamins you WOULD get from other normal foods, you still get! Just some ideas.

Or you could sautee some chicken (diced into cubes) and then throw them in the blender...mix it up with some lite mayonnaise and eat it like that...I do this for chicken salad but since you can't chew, skip the bread. When I got my wisdom teeth out, all I ate were chicken strips and popcorn chicken all week and I didn't gain or lose.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    No worries,

1. when you're ill and lose a weight quickly it is normally water weight.....you get dehydrated and when you rehydrate you gain the water weight back......

2. Starvation mode does not happen in one or two days. Your body is much more resiliant than that. You won't shut your metabolism down over a couple days of low calorie intake.

3. If you want the calories you can easily get them with soup, shakes, or soft foods. Generally, your mouth won't remain too sore to eat for more than a few hours to a day.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    HI Scarlet!

I broke my jaw years ago and had my mouth wired shut for over a month and lived off soups run through the blender and carnation instant breakfast as everything had to be drank through a straw ~ so believe it or not, you can get in all your calories in liquid form! Best of luck, I hope your mouth isn't sore too long!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.