Variety deprived?

Options
janiebeth
janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
Anybody else find that when they log breakfast they can just click the first few boxes in the food tracker?

Does that make me boring?? :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Anybody else find that when they log breakfast they can just click the first few boxes in the food tracker?

Does that make me boring?? :laugh: :laugh:

If so-- I'm boring, too--

The variety is where all the calories, fat, sodium and sugar are--

Tried and true-- that's my motto.
  • Marla64
    Options
    PS: Nice to see your face!!!!!!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    haha...if so I am boring too! :bigsmile:
  • bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi there, no it doesn't make you boring, I too, especially when I am working and I pack my dinners
    to eat at work. Everyday I work I eat a natural applesauce, a yoplait light yogurt, a 60 cal SF pudding, and
    a turkey or ham sandwich. I have always done it this way, even before I began MFP. It is just easier for
    me to keep track of my carbohydrates. I guess that it means I am boring also, I don't know..... As long
    as what you are eating is good for you, that is what counts..... Have a great day! :smile:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    PS: Nice to see your face!!!!!!

thanks Marla - need to find a pic without so much sun...:laugh: :laugh:
  • freeflower3
    freeflower3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think it is a good sign. You are using food for nutrition and then get on with your day. Lack of variety is one way I have fallen OFF MFP. Like I "miss" certain foods too much and get off track.

I know some people can eat a small amount of someting decadent, but for me, I just lose it with a taste. I want more.

I need to just lay off certain things, so if that's "boring", so be it. My LIFE won't be boring, even though my plate is!

:wink:
  • artsyuno
    artsyuno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me, too. I've practically made a science out of finding quick breakfast options that give me the number of calories I want and a decent amount of protein and fiber. Breakfast for me is all about fuel. I don't care about variety. I just want something I can choke down easily when I don't really feel like eating yet and don't have much time.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm boring too :) I never used to eat breakfast, or I'd get something from Tim Hortons or McDonalds, so I'm glad I'm boring lol.

I have a yogurt (so I get to click on a different flavour sometimes!), oatmeal (or Cream of Wheat) and a fruit (90% of the time mandarins).

Even on the weekends, 90% of the time I'm clicking that egg beaters entry ;)
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I must be boring too then!! :laugh: lol
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I must be boring as well! I eat pretty much the same stuff M-F. However, I've ready--I think it was Dr. Oz that keeping 1 or 2 meals the day helps keep you from over eating. Lots of variety and tastes and flavors can stimulate your taste buds, and you end up eating more...
    Think of it as strategy...as long as you aren't bored with your main meal of the day...
    :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Thanks all. I also like the fact that logging becomes less of a process. Just click, click, click, click... Done....
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I also like the fact that logging becomes less of a process. Just click, click, click, click... Done....

1-I must be very boring during the week (usually my multi grain hot cereal, Total, or Kashi Vive)...weekends not so much- spelt pancakes, oatmeal pancakes, whole wheat blueberry muffins, strawberry lemon parfit, yummy carbs on weekends (I also don't log on weekends, lol).
    2- Check the nutrition on those boxes every few months. I've noticed that a lot of lables have been changeing lately due to lowering the fat and trans fat contents on a lot of things. It's better to double check every once in a while just to be sure.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Boring...yup that's me too !
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Aren't we all just a bunch of boring healthy people! LOL!

I have the same thing every day...breakfast, lunch and dinner doesnt really change. Neither do my snacks. I prefer it that way. I have most of my meals saved, so it makes it easier to find and track the food.

Too much variety is part of what got me into trouble! Now with the same foods daily, Im really starting to look at food as fuel for my body instead of something that gives me a high.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    It's only bad if everyday for breakfast you click the box next to "Peeps". :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    It's only bad if everyday for breakfast you click the box next to "Peeps". :laugh:

LOL - how well you know me!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    If you look up the word "boring" in the dictionary, you'll see a pic of me. :laugh: Monday through Friday, I eat breakfast at work and it's always oatmeal. Different flavor each day but still just oatmeal. :ohwell:
  • Marla64
    Options
    If you look up the word "boring" in the dictionary, you'll see a pic of me. :laugh: Monday through Friday, I eat breakfast at work and it's always oatmeal. Different flavor each day but still just oatmeal. :ohwell:

Boring is the new thrilling--

Just sayin'