Replies

• SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I do!! I get the bigelow singles.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't think its a magic weight loss cure but I do like it and its suppose to help your metabolism. I drink a mug of it every morning.
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I generally love tea with honey, but I began drinking Tazo Zen, which is green tea with spearmint and lemongrass. The flavor is so
    wonderful I don't need honey and I drink it to curb my desire to grab something caloric for a snack. It gets me through my weak moments :)
  • bakerseve17
    Options
    I generally love tea with honey, but I began drinking Tazo Zen, which is green tea with spearmint and lemongrass. The flavor is so
    wonderful I don't need honey and I drink it to curb my desire to grab something caloric for a snack. It gets me through my weak moments :)

I bought that one and I just dont enjoy it but i want to drink it, for all of its benefits! what can i add without taking away from the health benefits
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am having one right now! And I will agree with every word. It gets me through my afternoon "screw it all and go grab a chocolate covered biscotto" moments.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i do exactly the same thing. satisfy sweet craving with a small portion of sthg and if it persists, i go to make green tea. like right now
  • bakerseve17
    Options
    is it better to drink hot or cold? does it make a difference? i am so new to teas lol
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I drink it all the time. My office has a wildly variant climate, so when it's too cold to drink water I drink all kinds of flavoured herbal and green tea. I don't think it has any metabolizing effects or anything, though. The main benefit is the water intake.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

I bought that one and I just dont enjoy it but i want to drink it, for all of its benefits! what can i add without taking away from the health benefits

Green tea, while hyped up, will not actually make you lose more weight. The bit of caffiene in it can slightly (very slightly) increase your metabolism for a very short period of time but it doesn't work out to much.

If you don't like it, don't drink it. I have drank green tea on and off for years and the only difference I have noticed is that it can help curb me from snacking. It hasn't amounted to any extra weight loss. I enjoy green tea and have experimented with a lot of different versions. It also helps me to get extra water in even though I drink a lot as it is.

Ultimately, if you don't enjoy it than don't drink it. While it does have some health benefits it won't make you lose weight.

If drinking tea is something you want to continue, try a few different ones. Personally I prefer loose leaf teas over the bag ones you buy in the stores. I find they have a much better flavour than the tea bags. The only time I don't drink the loose leaf tea is when I want decaf as I have yet to find a decaf green tea in loose leaf. I also tend to drink Chamomile tea that you buy in stores because I haven't found a loose leaf one that isn't expensive. You can also experiment with mixing teas. I have a bunch of Lipton green tea in bags that I have to use up but I don't like plain so I put one green tea bag in a mug along with a Lipton Peach Mango tea bag. It makes a great drink!
  • MrsMeisner
    MrsMeisner Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I drink hot green tea with lemon during the day. I've read that drinking it with lemon helps us better absorb the catechins (anti-oxidants) in the green tea. It's by no means a magic bullet but it is supposed to help support metabolism. I like drinking hot tea because I feel like it helps me feel fuller throughout the day.
  • bakerseve17
    Options

Green tea, while hyped up, will not actually make you lose more weight. The bit of caffiene in it can slightly (very slightly) increase your metabolism for a very short period of time but it doesn't work out to much.

If you don't like it, don't drink it. I have drank green tea on and off for years and the only difference I have noticed is that it can help curb me from snacking. It hasn't amounted to any extra weight loss. I enjoy green tea and have experimented with a lot of different versions. It also helps me to get extra water in even though I drink a lot as it is.

Ultimately, if you don't enjoy it than don't drink it. While it does have some health benefits it won't make you lose weight.

If drinking tea is something you want to continue, try a few different ones. Personally I prefer loose leaf teas over the bag ones you buy in the stores. I find they have a much better flavour than the tea bags. The only time I don't drink the loose leaf tea is when I want decaf as I have yet to find a decaf green tea in loose leaf. I also tend to drink Chamomile tea that you buy in stores because I haven't found a loose leaf one that isn't expensive. You can also experiment with mixing teas. I have a bunch of Lipton green tea in bags that I have to use up but I don't like plain so I put one green tea bag in a mug along with a Lipton Peach Mango tea bag. It makes a great drink!

Thanks :) I will try that. I have arthritis and they say that drinking green tea can help the inflamation which would be great, i hate taking so many pills
  • red9812
    red9812 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it plain, I'd start by adding a bit of honey, and gradually wean off of it once you appreciate the taste more.
  • Dani76babi
    Dani76babi Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't really like green tea but I do love some lemon tea. So I drink at least one mug of Lemon Tea everyday, it helps me feel refreshed inside :D
  • JFO007
    JFO007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am having a glass right now!

I have found that green tea with a teaspoon of local honey (good for building up your immune system against the local pollens) and a splash of Unsweetened Coconut-Almond Milk makes it an enjoyable mid morning/mid afternoon pick me up.

I use to try to drink it plain, but it was bitter and boring.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do. I enjoy diet Arizona green tea with gensing and honey (or however it's spelled lol) - i recently discovered putting that in as my liquid, with the green smoothies I make and a bit of mint sprigs. very refreshing! :)

I also drink hot green tea with splenda at night!
  • Ryanmariem
    Ryanmariem Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I personally like Stash's Jasmine Blossom Green Tea, my favorite I drink 2-3 cups a day. I usually like it w/ 1tbs of 100% Raw Honey (Honey is very good for you full of B vitamins and has been used for medicinal purpose's for ages) I do like it w/out the Honey but add the honey when I am wanting something a little sweet. I feel so much better having my tea in the morning and I do not get the afternoon sleepiness anymore that I use to get w/coffee. =)
  • JFO007
    JFO007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I drink it all the time. My office has a wildly variant climate, so when it's too cold to drink water I drink all kinds of flavoured herbal and green tea. I don't think it has any metabolizing effects or anything, though. The main benefit is the water intake.

The other person said the "main benefits is the water intake"

You must be careful, because Caffeine can be dehydrating, so try to drink a glass of water for every cup of tea.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love plain, unsweetened green tea =) I don't look for it to help with my metabolism or anything.. just a yummy drink. I'm gonna try having some tonight when I get the munchies.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

The other person said the "main benefits is the water intake"

You must be careful, because Caffeine can be dehydrating, so try to drink a glass of water for every cup of tea.

While caffiene can be dehydrating, the amount of water within a cup of tea is more hydrating than the dehydrating effects of the caffiene. A cup of tea or coffee is actually hydrates you more than the caffiene dehydrates you.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    ME!, add whisky to it, it is even better.,