Counting fruit calories?

Options
matchbox_girl
matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
Does anyone LEGIT not count fruit calories? I AM aware that everything (almost) has calories, but when I was with weight watchers briefly, fruit was 0 points. I have been trying to eat a lot of fruit to curb my cravings for more unhealthy things, but the amount of mini clementines I've had today probably counts as a few slices of pizza...so my question is: does anyone NOT count fruit calories?

(I can do without any long nutrition lectures, thanks.)

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Nope, I have always counted fruit as it still all counts in how much I am eating and it still effects my macros.
  • scress0514
    scress0514 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i count, all fruit has calories as well as sugar content.
  • Sekxy49
    Sekxy49 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i count, all fruit has calories as well as sugar content.

Reading your post & enjoying my 100 calorie mixed berry fruit snack!! Yes...count them always...
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I count fruit as it's mostly what I eat for breakfast and for my snacks. The thing with fruit is they contain a lot of sugar, I know because I go over my sugar 'limit' everyday!
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I still have a Weight Watchers frame of mind about 0 point food. I count it - especially grapes, count grapes! My old leader said she had a lady that logged everything but the grapes she snacked on her market stall because she thought they were 0 but they aren't - but I am no way near as accurate as I could be with weighing. I think I know roughly the size of my portions of x fruit/veg from weighing in the past so I'm not too fussed about 100% accuracy with them.
  • winterswish
    Options
    I used the "0 point" fruits and veggies from WW idea for a while, too. But if you're trying to use the MFP calories in-calories out and balance your macros, it just doesn't work.

For me, I need to see how much fiber and calories I'm consuming from those things. If I don't count them, my whole day is skewed in a very unrealistic way.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes, I count my fruit calories, I drink fruit smoothies regularly and count those....
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Count fruit. Period. Calories.
  • Sekxy49
    Sekxy49 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sorry..mine wasn't meant to quote anyone!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I can see maybe not logging vegetables, but no way I would skip logging fruit. That's way too many calories to try to ignore.
  • heath5913
    Options
    I always count it since it contributes to a HUGE chunk of my daily calories/sugar. But WW works for many people so it may not be necessary for everyone.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    whatever goes in, you count, simple.
  • ronja2
    ronja2 Posts: 36
    Options
    I agree with everyone that posted before me - track EVERYTHING.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    WHAT? PIZZA has.. CALORIES? :noway: Better start logging.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    whatever goes in, you count, simple.

THIS. Even vitamins, gum, cough drops.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If I put it in my mouth I count it.

Hehe
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Love the advice :)
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I count them, because a calorie is a calorie
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    If I swallow it, I log it. It counts towards calories, sugars, and sodium for me.
  • kpringlechip
    kpringlechip Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Could you share your 100 calorie berry mix?