SQUATTING IN HIGH HEELS IS DANGEROUS!

Options
1235»

Replies

• ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Can't be any worse than the ...umm....immigrant women we have at our gym who use the treadmill in heels and too small jeans...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    From what I can see, the "high heel" workout is a modeling/exercise class to teach you how to walk in heels. You don't do the exercise part in heels. http://www.thatsfit.com/2009/05/06/high-heel-workout/
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    These look really stable, so they're cool, right?

o-HIGH-HEELS-2-570.jpg?6
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I don't care what any of you say! I squat in heels on a bosu ball twice a week, and my legs have never been sexier!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of this judgmental crap on MFP. BE SUPPORTIVE.

If a woman wants to wear sexy footwear while she works out, how bout you not **** block a guy with a shoe fetish?

Good pics in this thread.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I think I've reached a point in my life where I realize high heels are ridiculous inventions. I certainly can't imagine anyone working out in them.

Hey! They make my butt look fanTAStic! Don't judge.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I figured that was common sense, considering it's dangerous to even walk in high heels.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    lol who the hell works out in high heels?

Virginia.

^ This made me lol (and flash back to the late 90s)

I admit that I squat in heels... but ONLY when I'm at a bar, I have to pee, and the toilet seats are gross.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    All I can imagine is a chick with 100+ lbs on the bar at the bottom of the squat and her rolling her ankle inward. BOOM PAIN! Oh god my palms are sweating just thinking about it.

ow ow ow ow ow!!!!:sad:
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to buy sneakers to workout?! Darn... I could have use my heels????? Ugh... Well I don't want to break the heels of my shoes so I'll just stick to the sneakers and have someone else get injured at the gym.... I bruise like a peach.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    My Rogue shoes have a 3/4" heel :tongue:

I was wondering when this would come up. Guess there aren't many olympic lifters here. Just for fun tried squats in my cowboy boots (unweighted) and you really can get so much lower.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Sad that we need a PSA about this. As Dr House would say "Darwin says let him die."
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    Bump - trying to get all of my topics to 500....
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I WILL DO ANYTHING IN HEELS
    ANYTHING.

Run in sand, muck out a barn, scuba dive, take a shower, rock climb, fly fishing, birth a calf?

Oh, and serious, OP?

And one other thing bunions are not sexy.