NSV - Girl Scout Cookies

Options
It's that time again. Girl Scout cookies everywhere. And I love me some Samoas and Thin Mints and Tagalongs. Every year I buy at least a box of each and devour them. This time I've eaten exactly 1 Tagalong. Not one box. One cookie. For me that is huge!!!

I still would love to eat a box of Samoas. But then I wear my awesome purple dress and everyone keeps complimenting me on how great I look - guys at work, guys at the gym, the guy I'm interested in - and it's worth more than all the cookies in the world.

Replies

• bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I bet those compliments do feel great!

I made darn sure to stay away from Wal Mart and all the other places the girl scouts get together to sell their cookies. My husband came home from picking the oldest up at the bus stop and informed me that I owed a scout $20 bucks for the 5 boxes he ordered. Oh I was so mad! So far I've managed to only open one box ( Samoas are my absolute fav) and have had just two servings out of it and they were on separate days.
  • Apellet1
    Apellet1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    haha! Amen! They have a stand set up right down the road from my house, so I have to resist the temptation everyday! I've done well so far, but man is it tough :)
  • sccjammin
    sccjammin Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    My wife bought 2 boxes. They have been in the freezer for about a week, I have not touched 1 cookie. i put them in the back of the freezer so i don't see them. :)
  • Tsmartin07
    Options
    That is sooo awesome! Maybe next year my goal could be to do the same...
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl scout leader, you guys! I have a living room FULL of cookies as I type this. I also have 4 cases (not boxes, cases) in the break room at work in case any patients want some.

Good job avoiding the cookies, but I do want to point out that you can avoid cookies but still support the girl scouts by either making a donation straight to the troop, buying a box of cookies to donate to troops overseas OR ask the girl her favorite type and buy a box for her. ^_^
  • g0ldenb0y55
    g0ldenb0y55 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's that time again. Girl Scout cookies everywhere. And I love me some Samoas and Thin Mints and Tagalongs. Every year I buy at least a box of each and devour them. This time I've eaten exactly 1 Tagalong. Not one box. One cookie. For me that is huge!!!

I still would love to eat a box of Samoas. But then I wear my awesome purple dress and everyone keeps complimenting me on how great I look - guys at work, guys at the gym, the guy I'm interested in - and it's worth more than all the cookies in the world.

You have me beat!! I've had 2 thin mints (Not Boxes)!

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl scout leader, you guys! I have a living room FULL of cookies as I type this. I also have 4 cases (not boxes, cases) in the break room at work in case any patients want some.

Good job avoiding the cookies, but I do want to point out that you can avoid cookies but still support the girl scouts by either making a donation straight to the troop, buying a box of cookies to donate to troops overseas OR ask the girl her favorite type and buy a box for her. ^_^

I love all three suggestions!
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have not purchased GS cookies in a good 3-4 years because thin mints are my weakness. I know if I bought a box, Id eat the box.. in one day. So I just stay away completely.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

I love all three suggestions!

Ooo, donating to the troops gets my vote! Thanks for sharing!
  • Michellelmt
    Michellelmt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Way tah go!!! You should be super proud of yourself!! I'm a "thin mint" girl. It was hard, but I just didn't buy any this year. I'm feelin pretty good about my very "mature" decision to WALK away from the COOKIE!!
  • barbiesnd
    barbiesnd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I order 10 boxes. 4 go to my boyfriend (which he hides and eats when I'm not here) 6 get sent to my friend in England for her birthday!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!