Nuva Ring Reviews

Options
Iceprincessk25
Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
So I'm contemplating switching to Nuva ring. I've been on Yaz for a loooooong time and it's been fine but with all the hub-bub about the problems with it I feel like I'm pushing my luck the longer I am on it.

Anyone on it? Like it? Hate it?

Replies

• vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    I LOVE the nuva ring. I used to be on the patches but had an allergic reaction the adhesive they used. The ring is super easy and i've never had any problems with it.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I've been using Nuva Ring since it first came out. I absolutely love it, couldn't be any easier! Haven't had any problems or side effects or anything, doesn't come out, no problem with weight gain. Sometimes I forget when I put it in because it's in for 3 weeks, so I have an app on my iPod (period tracker) that I put a note in on that day. To me it's the best.
  • JenSuazo
    JenSuazo Posts: 10
    Options
    I use it and it's great...I have never had any problems with it. :)
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I loved it until all of a sudden it went missing. :noway: I don't want to ever go through that again.

I now use Mirena, which is an IUD
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Im a nurse at an Ob/gyn office and I always recommend the Nuvaring. I use it myself and love it. Btw, if you've been on Yaz for awhile with no problems, it's very unlikely that you'll have any future problems. The product is still safe, obviously since its not been pulled from shelves. All birth control carries risks, especially if you have existing medical issues or smoke.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I loved the nuva ring, but couldn't use it for long. I started getting a horrible burning sensation *down there*. Especially after intercourse - it was so bad a few times that I just got into a ball and cried. It also fell out once that I remember, but that wasn't such a big deal because I knew it had......so, I went back on the pill. Wish it would have worked out for me - so much easier than taking a pill everyday!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any problems with it. The only side effect that i noticed was finer and thinner hair growth on my legs! Seemed like within a month of starting to use it, I found myself needing to shave a lot less. Not bad, as far as side effects go!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    My beef with the Yaz is that my sex drive is totally non-existent now so that's kinda a problem. :)
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I loved the "ring"! If they had had this in the 80s I wouldn't have my niece and nephew now...my sisters were really bad at taking pills in general, as am I. Now if they could get the other meds I have to take on a daily basis in a ring I'd be set. Of course it might be too crowded down there to have sex so maybe not...:laugh: :blushing:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I use it and think it's great! I don't have any problems!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My beef with the Yaz is that my sex drive is totally non-existent now so that's kinda a problem. :)

oh my gosh, me too! I'm on Yaz and it sucks to not have a sex drive. Is that common with all birth control? I told my husband that when I decide I want to get pregnant, I'm staying off the pill for a while and use back-up...just so I can experience a sex drive for a few months before I start with all the pregnancy hormones!!!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    So I'm contemplating switching to Nuva ring. I've been on Yaz for a loooooong time and it's been fine but with all the hub-bub about the problems with it I feel like I'm pushing my luck the longer I am on it.

Anyone on it? Like it? Hate it?

i use to be on the pill, i have tried the norplant, (the thing that goes in your arm) i have also tried the nuva ring. The nuva ring is the only one i had gotten horrible migraines with after you take it out and wait the seven days before putting another one in,, i couldnt do it .. I dont know if it was the hormones or what but i couldnt deal with the pain..
    good luck to you in what ever you decide..
  • skinnyjess00
    skinnyjess00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

My sex drive did NOT improve when I switched from Yaz to Nuvaring. It's not worse, but it's not better. I love the convenience, but the first few weeks were hell. I hardly slept, had headaches, was irritable, and had crazy mood swings. I feel fine now though. Just keep in mind that it probably won't have a huge, new affect on you. Really the only change I've experienced is that I don't have to take the pill every day.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    For the first couple months, I was really emotional and cried a lot. After I got used to the hormones, I've been fine. I love it. It's convenient and works for me... I have a weird work schedule so taking a pill at the same time every day was not going to work for me. And the NuvaRing ends up being cheaper for me than regular BC :happy:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of the Nuva ring. It's so much easier than taking a pill everyday.
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that someone who uses the Nuva Ring can answer a question for me....

I just started the Nuva Ring and the pamplet says that if I start using it on Day 1 I don't need a back up contraception.... Is this true? I know with the pill - (that i used 15 years ago :laugh: ) you had to wait a entire cycle.

Thanks!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I think you need to wait 7 days, but it depends on whether you have switched from a different method of birth control.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Yeah, I think it's only a week that you need to wait to have the hormones fully in your system.