30 day shred and weight training

MamaBear05
MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been wanting to try the 30 day shred but am a little hesitant because I don't know how to add it in with my weight training or if that is even advisable. Can I do the 30 day shred and still do weight training? I lift somewhat heavy but can't walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like I am going to have a heart attack. I am looking for something outside of the traditional cardio machines (get so bored so I never push myself or stay on long) to get my heart rate up more and get me in better cardiovascular condition. Can I use shred for this without overworking my muscles?

Replies

• aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    i don't workout hardcore like other people on this website. so for me i get bored easily i do have the 30 day shred have yet to finish bc i got bored so i started doing treadmil, jillian michael burn fat boost metabolism and the 30 day shred, treadmil is for the cardio that way when i walk up stairs im not dying. (i know what your talking about), that and it keeps me wanting to exercise. ill either to rotate weekly but i do all three. right now i am rotating treadmil since its warmer outside then usually saturday i do jilliam michaels. you really just have to find what works for you.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    I don't do weight training, but I've been doing 30 Day Shred sporadically for several months now. It's a great workout because you get out of it what you put into it. I've been steadily increasing my hand weights, so I'm still getting results. But for you, since you are doing weight training, you might want to start with (and even stay with) light weights. I have noticed an increase in my cardio stamina, so I bet using light weights would work for you, too. Just my opinion, not based on anything scientific.
This discussion has been closed.