Cinnamon??

Options
hi everyone! i've recently seen some articles claiming that cinnamon, especially taken in pill form, helps to even out blood sugar and also will help to lose weight. has anyone else heard of or had any experience with this? Specifically, if I am wanting to start the south beach diet, does anyone know if cinnamon will help with the carb cravings/carb crash??

Replies

• tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Ive heard cinnamon is good for you. I made an apple/cinnamon detox water today and am trying to drink it and kick the diet coke habbit. Im sure it can't hurt you....so I would try it. It's all natural so what could it hurt?
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I put a healthy heaping of cinnamon in my spinach/various fruits/protein shakes every day. Not sure about it curbing cravings, but it tastes awesome. I have heard that it's good for the blood sugar levels, also.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy into anything that comes in pill form that is supposed to help you lose weight, but it wouldn't hurt to try sprinkling on your food, when appropriate. I've heard for some people the extra flavor helps them to reduce their use of added sugar, like in coffee or oatmeal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Research is inconclusive as to whether cinnamon helps with blood sugar levels or lowering cholesterol. I personally don't believe in anything that says it helps reduce cravings. That said, I love cinnamon...have it on my oatmeal every morning.