Take This Journey With Me?

Options
Hi. Very new member. New to diets and workouts in general. Had an epiphany following my 30th bday recently and a few days ago I began my journey from a sedentary lifestyle to a healthy one. I've never been thin and I'm kinda wanting to know, for the 1st time in my life, what it feels like to be healthy. I'm gonna be honest, I'm VERY out of shape and new to this, the ppl in my everyday life make it hard to do this, so I figured tracking my progress this way and getting guidance among strangers would be beneficial to me in my journey. Any1 w/tips or guidance or words of wisdom, ANYTHING positive to add to help me reach my goals would be appreciated greatly. Friends needed. Help a newbie out?

Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    30? You have a lot of life left! Make it worth your while. Welcome to MFP. I will be your friend :)
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request! :)
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want.
    I have lost 90 and have 110 left to go :)
  • kristenblankenship98
    Options
    welcome I would like to be your firend too. And my first advice is find something you love to do. I love dancing so I incorperate that in my work outs so I get to laugh and Have fun. So if you are really new and don't know what you like maybe see if the comunity around you has some different things like sports and such. well thats is my 2 cents. you can do it :)
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I can provide support, tips and encouragement as well. add me if you like
  • jeanipurdy
    jeanipurdy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am new to the computer part of MFP but I would be your friend for advice and help. I have struggled with my weight for all of my adult life. I use Facebook quite a bit for inspiration there are a lot of people and groups I follow that help me stay the course. I have support from home but it is hard for others that haven't been where you are to be empathetic. I was well on my way or I call it in the "zone" until I fractured my left tibia in a motorcycle accident that left me frustrated and I am still in repair of that leg. I am doing intense workouts but my leg sometimes keeps me from going my all. Hope to talk to you soon!