Chalean weights vs bands

Options
I'm considering starting Chalean and am wondering if I can do the program justice with just bands. Is there anyone out there with opinions one way or the other. If you use weights what kind and how heavy do you need?

Replies

• taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You can get GREAT results with the bands. I used weights and bands just to "test" the difference, and I found both to be effective. I did decide to get the BowFlex select techs, and those are awesome!

If you decide to try it, let me know! It's a fabulous program!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I read that the bands were better. I actually went and bought some, but are waiting for them to come in the mail. I am so excited to see it they work.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I did a search for this before posting a new topic because I have the same question.

My boyfriend and I workout together. He has the adjustable dumbbells that go from like 5 lbs to 50 or something and I have a few bands. We certainly don't want to get another set of the dumbbells just so we can workout together but I didn't know if the program would be as good with bands. I wonder if I might need some different resistances--I have three bands right now. I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on the topic, too!