Progress so far... -90lbs

Options

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    As a former bulimic (vomiting) DO NOT do this! I have two major issues from my 12 years of bulimia. I blew out the structures in my throat so I have terrible gastric reflux. Tip me over and anything in my stomach comes up my throat. Even lying down it comes up my throat. I will be on Prevacid the rest of my life because of this. I also have obstructive sleep apnea. Basically, I stop breathing within a minute or two of falling asleep. So I do not get any sleep without using a CPAP machine. CPAP machines are NOT sexy. I look like a jet fighter pilot or an elephant at night. Not conducive to sharing a bed with anyone. Without using my machine, I snore so loud the house rattles. Oh, and getting really relaxed during sex, my throat collapses and I SNORE! Most guys get a bit upset when their partner starts snoring REALLY LOUDLY during sex. I was lucky. I still have my teeth. Many loose all of their teeth from the stomach acid. It is not a good way to get your weight down. If you cannot control the binging, use exercise to purge- far healthier. Do not use laxatives either. Oh, and vomiting or laxatives can get your metabolites so out of whack that you can keel over dead. I was going to congratulate you on how you look, but if it was achieved by purging, I can't. I have suffered far too much. Oh, and my sleep apnea? It was diagnosed when I fell asleep driving with my three kids in the car. I could easily have killed all of us.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look amazing!
  • verapamil
    Options
    I'm wondering... I saw on your profile that you do a lot of binging/purging. Is this weight loss a product of that? If so... I don't think we should applaud that. While you look fabulous, that is a very, very dangerous habit. I just don't know if I can applaud weight loss in a manner that is unhealthy and harmful/traumatic to the body...

I was wondering about that too. If you did this a healthy way then GOOD JOB!! But if you did it through binging and purging, please stop. You deserve to be treated better than that (even if it's by you).
  • nancyweNW51
    Options
    That is excellent!
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Someone looks amazing :) Gratz on all that hard work.
  • BridgeKiki
    Options
    Way to go! It doesn't even look like you.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Bridge
  • Khole02
    Options
    Ohh Myy GOD! You look incredible!! Amazing job on the weight loss, Be proud!
  • whitney312
    whitney312 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering... I saw on your profile that you do a lot of binging/purging. Is this weight loss a product of that? If so... I don't think we should applaud that. While you look fabulous, that is a very, very dangerous habit. I just don't know if I can applaud weight loss in a manner that is unhealthy and harmful/traumatic to the body...

No, I didn't lose weight that way. I actually did it the old-school, hard way, sweat, pain and all. The ED came after all that.
  • AubreyLeong
    AubreyLeong Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Holy Wow!!! You look AMAZING!!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    holy crap, you look amazing!

Good job!
  • whitney312
    whitney312 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As a former bulimic (vomiting) DO NOT do this! I have two major issues from my 12 years of bulimia. I blew out the structures in my throat so I have terrible gastric reflux. Tip me over and anything in my stomach comes up my throat. Even lying down it comes up my throat. I will be on Prevacid the rest of my life because of this. I also have obstructive sleep apnea. Basically, I stop breathing within a minute or two of falling asleep. So I do not get any sleep without using a CPAP machine. CPAP machines are NOT sexy. I look like a jet fighter pilot or an elephant at night. Not conducive to sharing a bed with anyone. Without using my machine, I snore so loud the house rattles. Oh, and getting really relaxed during sex, my throat collapses and I SNORE! Most guys get a bit upset when their partner starts snoring REALLY LOUDLY during sex. I was lucky. I still have my teeth. Many loose all of their teeth from the stomach acid. It is not a good way to get your weight down. If you cannot control the binging, use exercise to purge- far healthier. Do not use laxatives either. Oh, and vomiting or laxatives can get your metabolites so out of whack that you can keel over dead. I was going to congratulate you on how you look, but if it was achieved by purging, I can't. I have suffered far too much. Oh, and my sleep apnea? It was diagnosed when I fell asleep driving with my three kids in the car. I could easily have killed all of us.

I would not of posted a picture of progress if it was achieved through an eating disorder because I don't believe that's considered 'progress' personally. So as I posted earlier, this was not obtained through that method. That came after. The weight loss came through the work,sweat, pain and all. Old school methods :)
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wow! If you can do it I think I can too! Thanks, I really needed this inspiration today!
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    amazing work!! you look so gorgeous :) keep it up! x
  • missywork
    Options
    OMG I have just started this today and was actually sitting here wondering is this really gonna work for me & am I in the right place I am so glad i seen ur pic u have really made me feel better bout this and that yes i can do it!!!!!!!! but i am new to this so I am sure i will make mistakes as i go alone but eventually i will figure it out. u have really inspired me to give it a try but was wondering what ur daily calorie intake is & if u could actually give me a few pointers. looks like u have done amazing keep up the good work :smile:
  • eb12112
    Options
    Pretty incredible what hard work and dedication can do! KEEP IT UP!!!
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! How long did it take you to lose 90 pounds? What exercise did you do and how long? How many calories did you eat? You look amazing. Do you have any sagging skin because your skin looks really good for losing that amount of weight?
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Very inspirational.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, you are awesome!!! I am so amazed at what you did right there. Especially with your tummy. Kudos to you!!!
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You look great, congratulations on all that hard work paying off!
  • evengr8erdealz
    Options
    Wow! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!