IIFYM

Options
If it fits your macros, who else lives by this?

Replies

• jcasebolt84
    jcasebolt84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Definitely, but just be careful that you are getting all your required micronutrients(vitamins and minerals) and not just your macronutrients(fat, carbs, protein). It's very possible to be hitting your calories and macros, but still having a less than optimal diet.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Definitely, but just be careful that you are getting all your required micronutrients(vitamins and minerals) and not just your macronutrients(fat, carbs, protein). It's very possible to be hitting your calories and macros, but still having a less than optimal diet.

Which micros are really important to watch?
    I normally always go over my vitamin C lol I take a mutli vitamin to help as well.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    im a fan of the idea, even if i havent been following it much lately. once i have the baby i think itll be easier to get back on track (even though i know its important to eat healthy while pregnant)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Calories and macros.
  • jcasebolt84
    jcasebolt84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't go crazy trying to count micros also. Take your multivitamin and get your fruits and veggies. Simple enough.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Don't go crazy trying to count micros also. Take your multivitamin and get your fruits and veggies. Simple enough.

I'm the type of person who would go crazy trying to watch them lol. I'm a bit obsessive with this ^^; I eat apples almost every day & try to get some veggies in every day, doesn't always work out every single day.
    Absolutely. Calories and macros.

Yes of course calories too!
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    yeh i do it

i try have 60% or more of my diet clean or "bro foods"

then make up the rest of the macros with IIFYM