getting under in caloric goals? good or bad?

Options
I keep getting under in my caloric goals. Usually by 800 or so on work out days. I was told it was a bad thing because my body will go into starvation mode. But I am feeling full and not hungry. Good or Bad for me?

Replies

• fatapril27
    Options
    I keep having the same issue and wonder the same thing!
  • donahm01
    donahm01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I guess we will see in a few weeks!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    i always come in under.. I eat more than 1200 before my workout though. I am never hungry, the foods I eat are just low cal (a lot of fruits and veggies). I am still steadily loosing. I don't "eat back" my Calories, because I think that defeats the purpose..

But thats just my opinion.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Under by that much on a regular basis could stress your body and have other negative effects on your health.
  • jenniferitzep
    jenniferitzep Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I also think it depends on what your eating and how much exersice your getting .
    Health is not the same as weight and your health is most important.
  • lawrence_warmachine
    Options
    I also think it depends on what your eating and how much exersice your getting .
    Health is not the same as weight and your health is most important.

Try counting your calories in another app, maybe. I say this because I thought I was eating less than the number of calories required, and it was because there are some inaccurate entries in the app. Eg 'fresh meadow' pasta is wrong in calories and macros!

To raise your calorific intake, maybe some fish oil would help. Or some Brazil nuts.
    Baked beans on whole meal toast will boost calories. Same with sugarfree peanut butter.

Don't try and 'diet'. Having an eating plan. By not dieting I mean don't try and go under your calorific goal. Stick to it. That way, you lose fat, but retain muscle and your beauty.

Also, often people mask hunger with red bull or similar stimulants or stuff like cigarettes.
    Avoid those! :)