Need help with cravings

Options
I was thinking there might be someone on he who can sympathize and possibly has some suggestions.
I can eat healthy all day long but right before bed I crave like crazy something sweet and really really crave milk.
But I can't drink milk alone, I need to have it with something sweet.
Also, I am trying so hard not to eat three hours before I go to sleep but that is also hard because I can't sleep on an empty stomach I just physically can't fall asleep. Help!

Replies

• jcasebolt84
    jcasebolt84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Adjust your calories so you can have a little late night snack before you go to bed. To many people are afraid to eat before bed and I think that is a completely bogus fear for people to have. I wouldn't eat and entire pizza before bed, but eating a 300 calorie meal before lying down isn't going to hurt you. Your body is a lot more efficient at using calories than what a lot of people give it credit for. Enjoy your bedtime snack;)
  • Stephiestephs
    Stephiestephs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oh boy thank you!! I really am so afraid to do it, but I think I will. Well I have been but your idea of making sure its small is good!
  • lizjames1971
    Options
    L-Glutamine is an amino acid that works well to stop cravings -ESP sugar cravings. Half hour before meals take about a teaspoon or two & at any time you crave it!!! Cured me of my sugar addiction!!!
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Lemon water, lots of it.
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    I have a mean sugar addiction I know it. I did the whole 30 once (basically no sugar, grains, dairy, beans) for 30 days and it did absolutely nothing for my sugar cravings supposedly if you don't have sugar you stop craving it. Not me went 30 days without it and I still craved sugar every single day and night of the challenge.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Save calories and have a treat. As long as it fits within your calories and macros there is no problem.
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    What are macros
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    be sure to have protein in that after dinner snack
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    stop being a phaggot

hope that helps
  • lawrence_warmachine
    Options
    Maybe I can help.
    There are low GI options.
    Before I go into them, I think it'd be a good idea for u to mention what you craze, favourite goodies.
    Then we can profile your tastes and come up with similar texture/taste alternatives.

Buy some:
    Agave nectar
    Xylitol sweetener
    Raw honey
    Manuka honey
    Goji berries
    Sugarfree peanut butter
    Oatly 'milk'
    'Source of life' meal shake.
    Coconut water (tropical sun is cheaper than coco vita).
    Whole wheat pasta
    Brown bread
    Sweet potatoes
    Plantains
    Grapes
    Red apples - kiddie ones
    Carrots
    Nuts

You can eat at any time really. I totally agree re the l-glutamine b4 bed.

There's a nice chocolate spread by Carley's. organic and sugar free!

The problem with giving up foods is friends. They don't care/respect so they keep saying "what, you can't have sugar? Sugar's natural, tho. How long you gotta do that for?"
    Just say "I get headaches. Really bad ones."

Tip, carry cinnamon around w' you in case you end up eating sugar. It lowers the gi and tastes nice with it.

Going sugar free...avoid EVERY sugar free mint and gun in the shops. They all have aspartame.
    Also avoid fizzy pop. 'Diet' drinks are all crap, usually containing aspartame.

A nice drink is honey and lemon. You can get lemon bottles in m&s.
    Dowse organic honey is squeezable. Maybe add cinammon.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Stephiestephs
    Options
    Thanks Lawrence for your suggestions. What I crave is anything that goes well with milk. So
    Cereal
    Chocolate, like brownies
    Apple pie
    Peanut butter
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I eat a skinny cow sammich or a Weight Watchers ice cream bar....something along those lines before I go to bed. They range around 100 - 150 calories.