Insanity and sore muscles, need advice

Options
2»

Replies

• DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are so right, I was just telling my hubby that last night, he never stretches my Arms! But epsom salt or any muscle soothing bubble baths have helped me tremendously!
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! After the first two days, I couldn't walk - it felt like my calf muscles had been ripped in half. I ended up just going slower, and did the first two weeks of the schedule over 3 weeks. Now I get the sore "I worked out" muscles, but no enduring pain. It does get better!
  • mathinrealtime
    Options
    Are you using the recovery drink?
    You should try it. Its awesome and helps out alot!
  • melissam926
    Options
    Keep going! I'm in my first week of Insanity too and I'm not going to lie I'm pretty sore. It was hard to get out of bed this morning. I did todays workout anyway and I'm not as sore. If you keep stretching, drinking water, and keeping pushing you'll feel better soon!
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I started Monday as well. I am sore as well but keep pushing through. I find it helpful to get in the shower immediately after I exercise with the water as hot as I can stand without scalding myself. Something I learned when I was younger, try drinking 6 oz of purple grape juice following exercise. It helps release the acids from your muscles that make you sore. Keep up the good work!!
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    Whey protein and L-glutamine
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Are you using the recovery drink?
    You should try it. Its awesome and helps out alot!

The recovery drink that beachbody sells isn't necessary. Any good protein powder will do the trick.
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Try a banana before your workout and lowfat chocolate milk after.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Keep working out and you will be fine in a day or two. Also a foam roller helps.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The soreness is only that bad when you first start. It's an effect of the body moving in ways it isn't used to while under heavily load. As the body adapts, you won't feel soreness of that degree anymore. You'll still feel a lingering soreness the day after, but it won't be enough to affect your day to day life and will feel pretty mild compared to this.

It's important to FEEL YOUR BODY though and distinguish whether it's joint pain or muscle pain. If you feel it in your JOINTS and not your MUSCLES then STOP RIGHT NOW. You're doing something wrong and it's going to injure you if you keep it up. Don't get back on it until you figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it, or, if it can't be fixed, switch to a program that doesn't have you doing it.
  • BENGAY and lots of stretching, and drink water. But dont stop!!!!