Weighing Myself

Options
2»

Replies

• TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning except weekends. Just the way I do it. My weight fluctuates, but there is a steady downward trend. You have to look at the long haul...not the day to day. Are you losing over a weeks time? If you are working out and dieting you absolutely MUST drink a lot of water or constipation is a real risk. And all of those things affect your weight. Don't sweat the day to day...just ignore the fluctuation and keep at it. Also, if it is bothering you, work out in the evening after supper and only drink some water afterwards...no food. Its a "false loss" but in my experience i usually show the biggest gains when I do that. Its really more psychological than logical.
  • JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thing is, I also haven't been exercising as much. I had surgery 4 weeks ago and I'm not able to exercise for another 2 weeks. Once I start moving around and exercising, will I notice more results?
  • DericktheHutt
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a day - once right before I hop in bed (literally from the scale into bed) and once in the morning after I've showered and done all my other morning activities, especially before I've dressing and eaten. I'll gain 1-3 pounds from morning to night and will lose 1-2 pound from night to morning. The really odd thing is that if I weigh myself right when I wake up, before I do anything, I will weigh the sames as when I went to bed. But after I've been up for an hour I will have lost the 1-2 pounds. This happens whether or not I urinate or have a bowel movement so those seem to be only partial factors.

I only log my weight in to MFP once a week (Tuesdays), but log all my weight into a spreadsheet and calculate 3day and 7day averages so I can get a better sense of a trend. I'm probably going to start logging the 7day average into MFP because I tend to weight less on Mondays than Tuesdays, which gets annoying. If I take the average, then it doesn't matter on which day I weighed the least.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I became a bit obsessed with my scales too and was weighing every day, sometimes twice a day!
    So now I've put the scales away until Easter and I'm focusing on exercising and eating healthyish
    I can't wait to see what the scales say when I finally weigh :)
    I want this weight loss to last and I find when I weighed every day all I cared about was the short term and the scales going down quickly which isn't the best way!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You have to convince yourself of the reality - as long as you are in a deficit state, you will yield only a false gain in fat mass regardless of what you eat. Our bodies fluctuate noticeably throughout the week when making even minor changes in sodium and carb intake despite sustaining the same caloric amount.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    You have to convince yourself of the reality - as long as you are in a deficit state, you will yield only a false gain in fat mass regardless of what you eat. Our bodies fluctuate noticeably throughout the week when making even minor changes in sodium and carb intake despite sustaining the same caloric amount.

this.