Friggin Cravings...

Options
Craving all things dairy (since I stopped drinking alcohol a month ago). Mostly milk. The fattier the better.
Almonds. Anything almond-y. Salt and vinegar, habenero BBQ, chocolate covered. I eat a couple cans a week.
Olives. I could eat the whole jar. Then chug the juice if I was allowed.
Red meat. I don't eat alot of red meat but I have been craving a nice medium juicy steak. Drool...

What are your cravings right now?

Replies

• jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    No cravings since I cut way back on starchy foods. The starchy foods are occasional beans, baked potato or a squash soup.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Flan, Tres Leches, and Tiramisu. Any of those with a cup of "cafe con leche".
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Anything with ****-loads of sugar >_<
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Flan, Tres Leches, and Tiramisu. Any of those with a cup of "cafe con leche".

Hell to the Yum
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have cut most sugars and carbs and am taking greens so my cravings have gone waaaaay down but every once in awhile : pizza, burger, ice cream or french vanilla creamer in my coffee :)
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I miss eating poptarts. I used to toast two frosted strawberry poptarts and make ice cream sandwiches out of them. Friggin highly caloric deliciousness. And all my typical Puerto Rican foods that I'm around on a daily basis yet have to eat in very limited amounts. :sad:
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    If I have a craving, I eat it. As long as it fits into my caloric goal.
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well I was craving cake, which is odd because I was never super into sweets. So I ate a few bites of my daughter's watermelon, and decided to have popcorn with cinnamon and sugar, then realized I didn't need the sugar so I ate just buttered popcorn. LOL. Not craving cake anymore but I went over by almost 250 cals with the popcorn. :-(
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    This. Because of a combination of circumstances (including a 6-mile run this evening), a few minutes ago I looked at my diary and realized I had almost 500 calories left, and knew from experience if I didn't do something about it, tomorrow I'd be starving and lacking energy. It's also the heavy day of my period, so given the choice between thinking up some more nutrient-dense way to make up for the shortfall and doing what I really wanted, I made a beeline for the toaster, with a brief stop at the fridge...

Yeah. I just buttered a PopTart. It was good.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    This. Because of a combination of circumstances (including a 6-mile run this evening), a few minutes ago I looked at my diary and realized I had almost 500 calories left, and knew from experience if I didn't do something about it, tomorrow I'd be starving and lacking energy. It's also the heavy day of my period, so given the choice between thinking up some more nutrient-dense way to make up for the shortfall and doing what I really wanted, I made a beeline for the toaster, with a brief stop at the fridge...

Yeah. I just buttered a PopTart. It was good.

Haha you are my hero! :flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I miss eating poptarts. I used to toast two frosted strawberry poptarts and make ice cream sandwiches out of them. Friggin highly caloric deliciousness. And all my typical Puerto Rican foods that I'm around on a daily basis yet have to eat in very limited amounts. :sad:

"A comer pasteles, a comer lechon, arroz con gandules..." I totally understand and will have this song in my head for I don't know how long... (For non Hispanics, Sorry, but it is a very popular song that names Puertorrican dishes and a party full of food and rum)
  • kitscatt
    Options
    Sugar. I never craved sugar until I started this. I was always a salty food kind of girl.
    Now I run for brownies. . . . :-)
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options

"A comer pasteles, a comer lechon, arroz con gandules..." I totally understand and will have this song in my head for I don't know how long... (For non Hispanics, Sorry, but it is a very popular song that names Puertorrican dishes and a party full of food and rum)

Lol ahh the memories of that song
  • kimmyrn42
    Options
    I've always been a chocolate freak...ever since I can remember. It has been my go to food when I'm happy, sad, stressed...you name it. Unfortunately giving in to all those cravings has packed the pounds on. It's time to find other ways to deal with late night cravings and stress!!
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    At this very moment, coffee. I have a delicious pumpkin spice coffee in the kitchen, but I've already had 6 cups today so I'm trying to restrain myself.
    Normally though, if I'm craving something I have it, I don't deny myself something if I really want it.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    If I crave something, I simply try to plan for it. Then I enjoy every morsel.....with NO regrets!
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Craving all things dairy (since I stopped drinking alcohol a month ago). Mostly milk. The fattier the better.
    Almonds. Anything almond-y. Salt and vinegar, habenero BBQ, chocolate covered. I eat a couple cans a week.
    Olives. I could eat the whole jar. Then chug the juice if I was allowed.
    Red meat. I don't eat alot of red meat but I have been craving a nice medium juicy steak. Drool...

What are your cravings right now?

I've been trying to cut back on salt as I was horrified to find out how much I had been consuming, so I am craving salty things. Could be worse I guess. Could be chocolate!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I will be having cake later tonight but its the 3 2 1 cake red velvet / angelfood 3 tablespoons YUM
  • Jooliebean
    Jooliebean Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    PIZZAAAAAAAAAA...:love: Yes, I would like to have pizza right now. Just one big, ooey gooey slice, with extra mushroom and green pepper. No meat. THAT, is what I'm craving for tonight as I lie here and type at almost midnight.. Whew...I have to sleep...and hopefully dream of pizza. LOL nighty night all...