Does anyone have the Lapband

Natalie511
Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello,
I just recieved the Lapband and wanted to know if anyone else has one...
So far I have lost 17 pounds...it has been 7 days so far.
I would recomend getting it if you can.
Natalie

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    What is a Lapband??
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    I have one, it's an awesome tool, but you have to work with it. Get regular adjustments and follow what your doctor says!
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    I am almost 2 years out and love it! Good luck on your journey with your new tool (tool, not quick fix :).
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    I DO! Ive had mine for a year now. It is a TOOL!! you still have to work with it! it is the best thing I have ever done for myself!
  • Natalie511
    A laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, commonly referred to as a lap band, is an inflatable silicone device that is placed around the top portion of the stomach, via laparoscopic surgery, in order to treat obesity. Adjustable gastric band surgery is an example of bariatric surgery designed for obese patients with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or greater—or between 35–40 in cases of patients with certain comorbidities that are known to improve with weight loss, such as sleep apnea, diabetes, osteoarthritis, GERD, Hypertension (high blood pressure), or metabolic syndrome, among others.
  • Natalie511
    I can't wait to start exercising too...
    So how much have you lost in a year???
  • Natalie511
    Wow 97 pounds...that is fantastic...
    So did you do anything special..
    I can't wait to start exercising...
    I have lost 17 pounds already...just didn't post the weight gain on here...LOL
    I started at 237 at my doctors office a few days before the surgery...
    and just weighted in at 219...so happy...
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    do you guys remove it when you get to the goal or does it stay in there? as long as it is safe, good work!
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    I have lost 140lbs in 1 year! I exersice like a mad woman and eat only what makes me full! I will tell you that it will be hard until you reach your restriction you have to watch and have the will power to push thru it!!!!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    do you guys remove it when you get to the goal or does it stay in there? as long as it is safe, good work!

I have one too. In most cases, it just stays in there. The water can be taken out or reduced so you have less restriction.
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    I got banded 10/5/09 and as of today am down 63.5 lbs -I'm on just liquids as we speak cause I just got .5CC put in. It's been great and what a change in my lifestyle. I used to do nothing now I hit the gym 3-4 times a week. Prepare and cook healthier meals for my family. :bigsmile:

Congrats on your decision and many of us are friends and keep eachother motivated - it's great! :happy:
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    I stopped losing when I started surviving on the "soft" foods. Like yogurt, cottage cheese, chilli, scrambled eggs.... they don't fill you up as quickly or keep you full as long. I'm learning to eat more fruits/veggies and lean protein. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy those other foods, but I don't just eat them now. I just joined MFP and it has really helped me get the scale moving again. Like someone said, the band is a tool, not a quick fix! You will still have to work it. Good luck and a lot of us are friends on here... it helps us stay motivated and have someone to bounce questions off of. There's also a wonderful forum for bandsters called lapbandtalk.com, it's a great resource. That's actually how I discovered MFP. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.