You think losing weight is a hard on you!

Options
2»

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    One wrong letter made that a great title...

OMG I just saw that.. :blushing:
    It's okay..embrace the hard on.

My husband is trying to figure out why I am red and laughing so loud. LMAO

perfect opportunity to demonstrate
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Try being my dog. She has had to go on a "diet" per vets orders. She is not taking it well and has taken to stealing food. We have managed to hide all food from her now so she decided to move on to non edible items like my razor. Yes my stupid basset hound ate my razor. I found her in time to get the razor part away but she did eat the plastic. We went to vet and all is ok. I thought losing weight was hard for me. Sheesh

I wouldn't even trust the vet, most vets don't know jack about nutrition. I would find a veterinary nutritionist, and get her to lift heavy. you can assure her she will not get bulky.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my old beagle. Put the "little" guy on a diet and he ended up chewing into the closet and eating half a bag of food. He was on his back the entire next day except when he was squatting. Not cool. Not cool at all dog.
    Yes Daisy figured out how to open the door to get to her dog food so now it is up high ( She is a basset hound and cant climb thank god)
  • amandapye78
    Options
    Try being my dog. She has had to go on a "diet" per vets orders. She is not taking it well and has taken to stealing food. We have managed to hide all food from her now so she decided to move on to non edible items like my razor. Yes my stupid basset hound ate my razor. I found her in time to get the razor part away but she did eat the plastic. We went to vet and all is ok. I thought losing weight was hard for me. Sheesh

I wouldn't even trust the vet, most vets don't know jack about nutrition. I would find a veterinary nutritionist, and get her to lift heavy. you can assure her she will not get bulky.

But she says she always thought cardio was all she needed.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Will dogs chew on wheat grass like cats do?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

It's okay..embrace the hard on.

My husband is trying to figure out why I am red and laughing so loud. LMAO

perfect opportunity to demonstrate

I'm sure he would agree.
  • amandapye78
    Options
    Will dogs chew on wheat grass like cats do?

I dont know what that is, but I'm sure she would eat it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    My old boss had a basset hound that he brought to work all the time. It's shocking what those dogs will eat, given the opportunity.

Sorry - I have no advice.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Paging Dr. Freud...
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    FYI. Our Weimaraner loves raw pumpkin and cantaloupe. May give that a try for treats.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    My dad fed his dog raw carrots and beans for her diet. At first she poo poo'd them, but eventually learned to love them.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

tumblr_mecffj69Wg1qfw2dno1_400.gif
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    my 80lb black lab sadie is on a diet too.. i give her green beans with her kibble for dinner, and for snacks i give her baby carrots. but mostly we exercise more. she has a bum knee so we go for short walks a couple of times a day. its really helped. labs love any kind of food so the green beans and carrots to her are just as good as french fries and other crappy people food that she loves dearly.

its hard, especially when they love food so much. eating a razor is pretty funny behavior.. ask your vet, maybe you can give her a few more healthy snacks so she doesnt feel deprived. good luck :)

My labs too were starting to look like coffee tables and so they are on a diet with me... and yes it is hard on them. My black lab has always been on a reducing diet...... since after he was castrated......, but it didn't stop him eating through the fridge door! Didn't do him any harm...........
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Oh I just saw that too...that is so funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: