JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (March 24-30)

Options
Happy Easter Monday everyone!
I think Kistinbee is still on vacation so I will start up this weeks post for her.

I had several large dinners that I'm still not sure what the calorie content was, and I went out twice. BUT I also worked out bigtime and didn't take any days off. So I ended up with a very small loss which is ok, but I am a little disappointed because this was my chance to hit 30 lbs lost. Now that "time of month" is around the corner so I will probably have to wait a few weeks to hit the 30 lb milestone. No biggie. I am already about 2 months ahead of my original schedule.

Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
Last week - 153.8
Today - 153.4
Goal - 138

Hope everyone else is doing well in their endeavors!!:flowerforyou:

Have a great week all!:drinker:

Replies

• lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter Monday everyone!
    I think Kistinbee is still on vacation so I will start up this weeks post for her.

I had several large dinners that I'm still not sure what the calorie content was, and I went out twice. BUT I also worked out bigtime and didn't take any days off. So I ended up with a very small loss which is ok, but I am a little disappointed because this was my chance to hit 30 lbs lost. Now that "time of month" is around the corner so I will probably have to wait a few weeks to hit the 30 lb milestone. No biggie. I am already about 2 months ahead of my original schedule.

Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
    Last week - 153.8
    Today - 153.4
    Goal - 138

Hope everyone else is doing well in their endeavors!!:flowerforyou:

Have a great week all!:drinker:
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    Congratulations! You have lost a decent amount of weight!

I will be going on vacation to Montana on July 2nd so if you are staring a July Goal challenge I would love to be a part of it.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Happy Easter Monday to you too. Well done on the weight loss so far.

I started on 1 Jan 08 at 236.5 today's weight is 196. My goal weight for July is 165 but I imagine I'll hit a plateau before then and have to struggle through to the end of summer before I reach it but I'm getting there.

Bob
  • lizard9800
    Options
    Congratulations! You have lost a decent amount of weight!

I will be going on vacation to Montana on July 2nd so if you are staring a July Goal challenge I would love to be a part of it.

Welcome! Kistinbee started this challenge in February and people are doing very well so far.
    What part of Montana??

Congratulations Bob!! 40 lbs is fantastic!! Keep it up. I haven't really hit a plateau yet either and I am keeping my fingers crossed!:tongue:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm still not recording my weight until all these events and "that time of month" are over. I'm thinking possibly next Friday...

I do feel great and allthough life has been intruding and I've only gotten in 6 workouts in the last two weeks, I did notice that a pair of pants I hadn't worn in about 3 weeks were almost too big on me now! :happy:
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    Well... it finally happened to me! :mad: I let myself slip on the weekend and it caused me to gain 2 lbs! :grumble: I weighed myself yesterday and said that I would wait until today to see if anything changes after getting myself on track for a day. NO CHANGE :explode:
    I am frustrated with myself because I had such a great workout week! Oh well... I'll make it happen this week. :ohwell:

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    Last Week: 166 lbs
    Today: 168 lbs
    Gain of 2 lbs

Total loss for JGC: 14 lbs
    Total loss for MFP: 22 lbs

I was excited because I was only one pound away from being halfway there. Darn it... :sad: Now I have 4 lbs to go... Hopefully next Monday!!!

Have a great week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • jessneill
    Options
    Well... it finally happened to me! :mad: I let myself slip on the weekend and it caused me to gain 2 lbs! :grumble: I weighed myself yesterday and said that I would wait until today to see if anything changes after getting myself on track for a day. NO CHANGE :explode:
    I am frustrated with myself because I had such a great workout week! Oh well... I'll make it happen this week. :ohwell:

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    Last Week: 166 lbs
    Today: 168 lbs
    Gain of 2 lbs

Total loss for JGC: 14 lbs
    Total loss for MFP: 22 lbs

I was excited because I was only one pound away from being halfway there. Darn it... :sad: Now I have 4 lbs to go... Hopefully next Monday!!!

Have a great week everyone! :flowerforyou:

Don't beat yourself up. It happens. You are doing a great job and once in a while you will have those days or weekends that aren't perfect. That's ok! :flowerforyou:

Hey, in case you guys didn't see my other post here's the link.

I'm running a half marathon to raise money for Crohn's & Colitis! Eeek!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9073-persnal-goal-to-take-care-of-our-world-need-your-support

Please check it out and send on the link to the website to anyone who may want to support the cause!

:flowerforyou: Jess
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    I weighed in today.

Start of MFP: 195
    Last Week 185
    This Week: 184

1 pound weight loss not too bad with the holiday!
  • kimdommerc
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you. I love hearing of other people's success. It gives me hope AND motivation. You should be proud of yourself!
  • kimdommerc
    Options
    Can someone explain these challenges to me and how do I get involved?
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow challengers!!!! I'm back! Let me tell you...it's been a rough one! Vacation was WONDERFUL!!!! Very warm nice weather. I went running in the mornings (most days) and tried to eat fairly decently. Must admit...drank WAY too much! But wasn't worrying too much about it. Then, our last day there, we got a call that my father-in-law had a heart attack. So we rushed back home and after 2 surgeries, he's now much better and back at home. VERY SCARY! But, I think with the stress and everything else, my body decided to hate me and I am WAY up!!! So...here's the stats:

Started MFP (Nov.2007)--183 pounds
    New Years (Jan.2008)--174 pounds
    Before vacation (March 17 2008)--162 pounds
    This morning (March 26 2008)--168 pounds :explode: :cry:

So...time to get back in the wagon! I'm planning on trying to get to the gym tonight but I have TONS of stuff to get done at home since we've been at the hospital since we got back from vacation. So...we'll see how it goes. But I should at least try and go for like an hour. So...wish me luck! Time to get back to it! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • lizard9800
    Options

Hi Kim!

This is just a group of people who have set personal goals for July (kind of like the Memorial Day Challenge). We weigh in and post our results, frustrations:explode: , questions:huh: , successes:drinker: once a week. Kistinbee usually starts it on Monday and people chime in throughout the week.

You are very welcome to join and share!
  • lizard9800
    Options
    Kistin, very sorry to hear about your father-in-law:frown:

Good luck with everything :smile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Kistin, very sorry to hear about your father-in-law:frown:

Good luck with everything :smile:

Thank you so much!!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options

Hi Kim!

This is just a group of people who have set personal goals for July (kind of like the Memorial Day Challenge). We weigh in and post our results, frustrations:explode: , questions:huh: , successes:drinker: once a week. Kistinbee usually starts it on Monday and people chime in throughout the week.

You are very welcome to join and share!

YesYes!!! Please join us! The more the merrier!!! We'd love to have you!!
  • jessneill
    Options
    Hey fellow challengers!!!! I'm back! Let me tell you...it's been a rough one! Vacation was WONDERFUL!!!! Very warm nice weather. I went running in the mornings (most days) and tried to eat fairly decently. Must admit...drank WAY too much! But wasn't worrying too much about it. Then, our last day there, we got a call that my father-in-law had a heart attack. So we rushed back home and after 2 surgeries, he's now much better and back at home. VERY SCARY! But, I think with the stress and everything else, my body decided to hate me and I am WAY up!!! So...here's the stats:

So...time to get back in the wagon! I'm planning on trying to get to the gym tonight but I have TONS of stuff to get done at home since we've been at the hospital since we got back from vacation. So...we'll see how it goes. But I should at least try and go for like an hour. So...wish me luck! Time to get back to it! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

*Kistinbee*

I'm glad your father-in-law is doing better. Don't stress too much about the gain. I'm sure you are right about the cause of it. And if you can't get to the gym tonight don't worry, the house stuff you'll be doing is probably a workout in itself. Drinks lot's of water and get back to it once you have everything in order.
  • kistinbee
    Options

*Kistinbee*

I'm glad your father-in-law is doing better. Don't stress too much about the gain. I'm sure you are right about the cause of it. And if you can't get to the gym tonight don't worry, the house stuff you'll be doing is probably a workout in itself. Drinks lot's of water and get back to it once you have everything in order.

Thanks! I am already drinking tons of water! Hopefully that will help some! And if I can't get to the gym, maybe I can take the dogs for a quick walk! It'll be okay. Thanks for the support!
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    Hi everyone... saw the july goal challenge and thought oh great I can do that... sooooo...

Start MFP (3-21-08) -265lbs
    Goal by July -235lbs

I weigh in on fridays and do measurements once a month... looking forward to talking to ya'll

Jenn:happy:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hi everyone... saw the july goal challenge and thought oh great I can do that... sooooo...

Start MFP (3-21-08) -265lbs
    Goal by July -235lbs

I weigh in on fridays and do measurements once a month... looking forward to talking to ya'll

Jenn:happy:

Welcome Jenn...glad to have you!!! Good luck!
    *Kistinbee*
  • Deeterz
    Deeterz Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi I am a newbie here! Many time weight loss struggler with various programs. I cannot do a lot of stenuous activity due to my MS - but I can start eating better and doing a moterate exercise program right?!
    Anyway, my DH and I are going to LAS VEGAS 4th of July week and I thought this would be a wonderful challenge to join in on - if I may?! :flowerforyou:

current weight - 235 lbs
    July goal - 200 lbs