Do good one day then fall off next

ndnlou
ndnlou Posts: 29
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am having problems with being able to eat good one day and not be starving and craving something to eat all the time then the next couple of days no matter what I eat I am still craving something, anything, feel hungry all the time. So needless to say I pig out for one or two days. It is terrible. Is there something wrong with me?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Nothing is wrong with you ..it seems your depriving yourself of the things you really want to eat....dont do that just eat measured portions of those things..and if its something like a dessert be sure to only have once a day ...also try to find alternates lower calorie things that are the same as what your craving...depriving yourself is the worst it will usually lead to binge eating later on....measuring is key and having one serving...make deals with yourself...if you excercise then allow yourself one or two of those favoite things but in moderation.....I want to add that weight loss starts with eating proper portions....so make sure your not undereating and then overeating to compensate it later..track those calories..fat and sodium and make sure u get plenty of water and fiber.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Nothing is wrong with you ..it seems your depriving yourself of the things you really want to eat....dont do that just eat measured portions of those things..and if its something like a dessert be sure to only have once a day ...also try to find alternates lower calorie things that are the same as what your craving...depriving yourself is the worst it will usually lead to binge eating later on....measuring is key and having one serving...make deals with yourself...if you excercise then allow yourself one or two of those favoite things but in moderation.....I want to add that weight loss starts with eating proper portions....so make sure your not undereating and then overeating to compensate it later..track those calories..fat and sodium and make sure u get plenty of water and fiber.
    She is so right! An example: I have a postal scale which weighs in the tenths of ounces and in grams. I craved New York style cheese cake, but knew a 'normal' serving could blow three whole days of my saturated fat portions. I figured out that one teaspoon (5 grams or one-sixth of an ounce) only had one saturated fat and minimal calories. I ate that perfect-sized bite and was happy the rest of the day. It is best to never have such a dessert in your house unless everyone else is intent on finishing the rest of it off. That way, you are not tempted to go back for seconds. Enjoy!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member

What she said.

When I started, I didn't make whole sale changes. I picked one bad habit and reduced or corrected it. Then moved on to the next bad habit.
This discussion has been closed.