Why do I want results after 3 days???

Okay, I'm frustrated that I'm allowing myself to get discouraged because Im not down a pant size after 3 days of diet and exercise....I know it's ridiculous. Is there anyone else out there who has felt the same and how do you get past it?

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    I haven't really expressed those kind of thoughts but I have to ask you a question. How ever how much you have gained did you do it in three days? Or go up from one size to another in 3 days? Probably not. Give it time and you can brag about your new size when you get down.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    I think this feeling comes when you restrict too much. Have you changed all your spaghettis and cakes to cooked chicken breast and salad and low fat whatever dressing? Maybe you want to take a different approach with what you are allowing yourself...
  • MBNagel74
    MBNagel74 Posts: 444 Member
    Anything worth having is worth working for... We expect things to be easily attainable, but those things that are most meaningful are earned through hard work...

Patience... All good things come to those who earn it
  • It might be that same desire for instant gratification that got us overweight to begin with..
  • I haven't really expressed those kind of thoughts but I have to ask you a question. How ever how much you have gained did you do it in three days? Or go up from one size to another in 3 days? Probably not. Give it time and you can brag about your new size when you get down.

along the same lines as "one bad meal won't make you fat & one healthy meal won't make you skinny"
  • Your right, this body I have now didn't happen overnight. This new lifestyle has put me on an emotional rollercoaster. I'll adapt.
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    I sometimes get really impatient as well, particularly when I see how quickly my husband is losing weight on here with me. I have to forbid myself from checking my weight or inches too often. If I wait a little longer to check, the results tend to be more satisfying/encouraging. How often do you check? Can you limit yourself to checking your weight once a week and measurements once every 2 weeks? Keep in mind that normal water weight fluctuations can easily mask the small losses you might see on a day-to-day (or longer!) basis. Good luck and hang in there!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    It might be that same desire for instant gratification that got us overweight to begin with..

I completely agree.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Just remember.. We didn't put it on overnight and it's going to be the same way taking it off.. It's taken me just over 2 years with a couple of stalls in between and I am still not done yet.. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will be where you want to be in no time at all.. good luck
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Have you completely changed your way of life recently? Made drastic, harsh changes? Doing that and not seeing instant results make this process so much harder.

Stick with it because once you do lose, it's worth it. You didn't eat your way to your current size in 3 days. It's going to take longer for your body to respond.

Let your desire feed your motivation!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    I'm sure you didn't gain all your weight in 3 days so of course it's unreasonable to expect to lose it all in 3 days! Make good food choices, exercise and you WILL see a difference!! Keep your chin up! :smile:
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    It might be that same desire for instant gratification that got us overweight to begin with..

Perfect!
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    I think it's normal to want to see results quickly. When you start something like this you want it to show outwardly too, but unfortunately life does not work that way. Just keep giving yourself pep talks and working through each day. Then one day, before you know it, you'll see those results you are working so diligently for.
  • shawnasis
    shawnasis Posts: 27 Member
    No cliche's here...but yes alot of people feel that way wether they admit it or not. How do you get past it....time goes by. It may get easier or it may not...but if you keep working at it you will definitely see the results that you are looking for! Don't get down just know that you are human and feelings/desires are a part of that.
  • I think this feeling comes when you restrict too much. Have you changed all your spaghettis and cakes to cooked chicken breast and salad and low fat whatever dressing? Maybe you want to take a different approach with what you are allowing yourself...

Yes, I have made a drastic change. But, I was on an eating free-for-all, so anything other than drastic would be ineffective. But, you have hit the nail on the head with that one. :)
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member

Well said.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    LOL I was just talking to my hubby about this tonight....... that weight loss and progress are so slow and that's why it's so easy to give up. Yes I'm like you...... OK it's been a week why aren't I at goal?!? HA!!! Last night I put pictures by my treadmill like "Slow and steady wins the race" and a cute turtle that says "Turtle Speed!".......... etc., just to remind myself that it may take a while, but to be patient because I will eventually get there! OH and i hung my "too small" pants all around the room too........ now that's motivation! :happy:
  • It might be that same desire for instant gratification that got us overweight to begin with..

I completely agree.

Wow. Very true ;)
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Okay, I'm frustrated that I'm allowing myself to get discouraged because Im not down a pant size after 3 days of diet and exercise....I know it's ridiculous. Is there anyone else out there who has felt the same and how do you get past it?

When I first started (almost two weeks ago), I glanced at some photos of about 3.5 months ago and cried at how I looked then, and then was like "Why am I not so much smaller yet?" hahah I had been casually losing weight for a few months and strictly exercising for a month, so there were subtle changes between current me and the picture, but I am right there with you. I have calmed down now. I am excited for the change and can actually feel things getting there
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    This is my first true "attempt" to lose weight and I told myself that I would give myself a year to get where I want to be...or at least close to it.

I know it's going to take time and I know waiting is the hardest part of all of this, so it's all a mental thing for me. Give myself a goal of one year and just work towards that goal.