Best tasting Vegan Rice/Vegtable Protein Powder

I am looking to swap out my current whey/soy powder and was considering Sun Warrior and Epic. Anyone know how they compare taste wise? I like that Epic is Organic so I am leaning that way -- but Sun Warrior seems to have a strong following. I mix the powder into smoothies, so I am looking for least gritty, chalky flavor.

Thanks!

Replies

• jbanhers
    jbanhers Posts: 1 Member
    I've only just begun exploring protein powders so I can't give you much insight. My first tub is the Vega All in One in Vanilla Chai. It's soy free and vegan.

I'm telling you, this stuff is like crack for me. I am in love with the taste (but I know someone who thinks it tastes like crap compared to her whey protein) and just opening the tub and smelling it... YUMMM :)

The only problem is that it is hella expensive. I'm not sure about gritty and chalky, but I really love the taste.

I tried a pack of the chocolate Sun Warrior before a year ago.... but I don't remember much about it,
  • mikek333
    mikek333 Posts: 78 Member
    I use SunWarrior and have no complaints. I think it is a good blend, mixes well, tastes okay. There's not a lot of protein per scoop, so you have to consume more than a soy protein.
  • digitalchique
    digitalchique Posts: 24 Member
    I've heard a lot of good things about SunWarrior, but I've never tried it. I also use the Vega protein powder some days and I really like it as well. Blended into smoothies I don't notice that it's gritty, but I can say for sure that it is a bit gritty if you just shake it up with some water/juice/vegan-milk like it says to on the container. I will sometimes stick it in the Vitamix with coconut milk and it tastes amazing. I also like that it doesn't rely on soy for it's protein content, but I'm not sure if there's an organic version.
  • Thanks for the insight! I also considered the Vega, but the price was higher. Does the Chai have any sort of "tea" flavor? I dont like tea or coffee, so I have never tried a "chai" flavor before. Vanilla would be good, because I also mix into baking.

I am looking to use as a meal replacement, do you think the Sunwarrior does not offer enough protein per serving?

Thanks!
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    I just got some of the Sun Warrior raw vegan natural powder (made from brown rice). It's pretty good and smooth and will just take on the flavor of whatever you put it with. Sometimes I don't like the vanilla flavored ones because they are too sweet and overpowering. I have also tried VitaCost brand brown rice protein and plant blend protein powder. Both were alright but I think the SunWarrior is less chalky than either VitaCost product.