I am new- and this aint gonna be easy!

Options
I smoke, working out makes me mean, I like pop and butter on everything- I have 91 pounds to lose and I'm looking for some weight loss 'buddies'. Wish me luck everybody.

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting somewhere. Set small goals for yourself at first and then you can start building momentum!
  • boomerz12
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Working out is not my thing and it just makes me wanna run outside to smoke within 5 minutes. But I push through and do it regardless.
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    Thanks :D, It's actually very relieving to know other people have workout irritations as well.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just take everything one step at a time. I'd still do what you're doing at first, but try to fit the pop and butter and other goodies within your calorie goal. The less of those things you eat the more real food you will get to eat and you will start seeing that as a positive. I'd try to quit smoking if you wanted to after you make some successful changes to other aspects of your life cuz if you do that cold turkey now you will go crazy :wink: :angry: Good luck!!
  • kimmyrn42
    Options
    Hungry...I applaud your honesty! I can plow through a whole box of chocolate covered cherries without blinking and eye, so I know where you are coming from. What you gotta ask yourself is this..."Are those sticks of butter worth the remorse I will most certainly feel after I eat them?" If the answer is yes then you aren't ready to commit. I know from where I speak. Really explore where your head is at with your weightloss. If you feel certain that now is the time to make a change...then baby go for it! Give it all you got and then give some more!

I'm beginning to sound like a Tony Horton commercial...lol. Best of luck to you...
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I smoke, working out makes me mean, I like pop and butter on everything- I have 91 pounds to lose and I'm looking for some weight loss 'buddies'. Wish me luck everybody.

do you smoke the fun stuff or the cancer stuff?
  • panda2727
    panda2727 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I quit smoking 2 years ago. I too was not a happy camper!
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

WARNING:

be careful on this website you will find a lot of mentally ill and extremely insecure people and anytime you feel good about yourself they will try to knock you down. it's annoying. I think of them like the chubby little mushrooms in Mario, and just keep it movin. As for the rest of us we are cool. Smoking is going to get in your way when you try to lose weight. It's hard to exercise when you don't have any lung capacity. I smoked for 20 years. Took me 18 days to quit.
  • cdgabbert
    cdgabbert Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I smoke and yes it can suck at times - but also it gets easier - try yoga to learn breathing and it does kinda help cut down a bit when you are forced to breathe deep - and then learn to breath properly during work outs.... it does help... (I was actually told by a doc they would rather me lose first and then focus on quitting due to weight gain...

As for pop / soda - just stop ... cut it out if you need to slowly but switch to water. Add lime (I hate lemon)... your body and your skin will love you greatly for it - along with your teeth, liver, overall digestive system...

It does get easier - you just HAVE to WANT it!!!

We're all there for you!!! But first chose one to lose first would be my advice.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    50% of the battle is honestly logging your food. If you will log everything you eat, even if you blow your calories every day, you will at least be aware of the choices you are making. Eventually, you will make better choices- when you are ready to, and it will seem like less of a chore. Also, I would make sure you have your goals set to 1 pound a week. I tried for a year to lose 2 pounds a week, and it is just too much added stress and food guilt. Also, if I were you, I wouldn't even worry about exercising right now. You can't out train a bad diet, and weight loss is 80% diet. Get one figured out and then just try to move more. Walk around the mall, park further away, etc. Getting 10,000 steps a day makes a huge difference.
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    Cancer stuff- gave up the other stuff a year ago and I gained like 60 lbs *big grumpy frown*
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    Lol, thanks for the troll warning (I know they lurk everywhere) 18 days to quit? did you do it cold turkey?
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Stay stubborn and you'll get there. :wink:
  • pamelasue1949
    pamelasue1949 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Keep your head moving in a forward direction. Being stubborn will help if you use it in a positive. Hang in there. It just 92#. You can do it! Loose the pop and soda and the weight will come right off!!!
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    Hmm.. maybe for once my stubbornness will work for me. I think that's the first thought that made me really smile since I decided to lose teh fat.
  • kimmyrn42
    Options
    Lol, thanks for the troll warning (I know they lurk everywhere) 18 days to quit? did you do it cold turkey?
    I smoked for 15 years. Tried a few times to quit and failed horribly. One day five years ago I said enough was enough. Used the patch for a month and had a supply of twizzlers and dum dum suckers with me at all times. I will tell you quitting the smokes was MUCH easier than losing weight...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I used to smoke and workout, now I just workout but I do it for fun because if I make it a "have to" is when it becomes a "grrrrr."
    I quit a year ago.
    You are more than welcome to add me. IF you choose to quit, invest in cinnamon sticks. They helped me a great deal.

EVERYONE is welcome to add me if you're active. :D
  • Rockmanxtrm
    Options
    You got a friend in me.
  • Seully
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Tamtamz76
    Options
    I enlisted in the Army when I was smoker; talk about mean! Thankfully, I quit about 7 years ago. You can add me if you would like!