Quest vs pure protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i tooe tip from the lady above and grabbed a coconut one today. DELISH!!! favorite so far for sure. !!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge QUEST fan. But I am looking for some variety. It seems the Pure Protein "Chocolate Deluxe" flavor has the best protein/cal ratio? Anyone tried it?
  • danielg810
    danielg810 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've had it, they have a good thick and dense dark chocolate kinda flavor but it doesn't really compare w the Quest coconut cashew. Pure protein is a good value at Costco, but the Quest bars are kinda on the pricey side, I get those at Lindberg nutrition.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I still have a box of pure protein I bought when I wanted a change from quest bars... but now it's sitting there and I went back to quest bars. There's just no comparison! The fiber in quest bars is huge and really keeps me full longer too.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Love Quest. Faves are choc brownie, choc chip cookie dough, white choc .raspberry, and coconut cashew altho none are bad. I microwave for 8 secs (longer and they melt onto microwave tray.) I buy from GNC and almost always have a coupon for $10 off if you spend $20 . Last time I also had a 10% off coupon and I could use both at same time. Plus a gold card member, I bought 24 bars during buy 3 get 1 free and ended up paying $1.67/bar.
  • jen_zz
    Options
    I've had it, they have a good thick and dense dark chocolate kinda flavor but it doesn't really compare w the Quest coconut cashew. Pure protein is a good value at Costco, but the Quest bars are kinda on the pricey side, I get those at Lindberg nutrition.

I see, I will probably get a pure protein chocolate one to try. 280 calories for 32g of protein.
  • jen_zz
    Options
    I still have a box of pure protein I bought when I wanted a change from quest bars... but now it's sitting there and I went back to quest bars. There's just no comparison! The fiber in quest bars is huge and really keeps me full longer too.

It's like me with Luna bars and Atkins bar. For the same number of calories they definitely don't last me as long as Quest bars do!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    While I do have some Pure Protein bars, my vote goes to Quest. I don't get that yucky aftertaste with the Quest bars.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are much tastier than Pure Protein bars. I love Quest bars. I have tried a few Pure Protein bars and didn't care for the taste or aftertaste they leave.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    QUEST . End of thread!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Love Quest. Faves are choc brownie, choc chip cookie dough, white choc .raspberry, and coconut cashew altho none are bad. I microwave for 8 secs (longer and they melt onto microwave tray.) I buy from GNC and almost always have a coupon for $10 off if you spend $20 . Last time I also had a 10% off coupon and I could use both at same time. Plus a gold card member, I bought 24 bars during buy 3 get 1 free and ended up paying $1.67/bar.

GNC is having that sale now plus an additional 25% off for online orders today. on the box orders it's about $1.60/bar
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    there was a topic for home made quest bars. its worth looking into it and cheeper to
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I haven't had Quest, but of the gazillion different protein bars I've tried (Luna, Atkins, Meijer brand, ThinkThin, etc. etc.), Pure Protein was way better than those--the chocolate chip specifically. And cheap.

However, I've heard people going on quests for Quest, so I will continue on my quest to try some.
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm one of the few...LOL! I like Quest bars but I prefer the Pure Protein bars over the Quest!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I have both, because Pure Protein is cheaper and I can buy them at costco. But they don't even compare to quest bars' awesomeness. Quest bars are like a food I actually like and want to eat, Pure Protein bars are more like an obligation.
  • mhjmurphy
    mhjmurphy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe is AWESOME!! Just finished eating one and enjoyed every bite!!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_MBRPrice_20799.pdf

DEFINITELY Quest bars! The coconut and the cinammon roll are my faves, but love the choc chip cookie dough and the new white chocolate raspberry as well. Here is a link to the GNC $10 off $20 purchase coupon. If you buy 9 bars total during their buy 3 get one free sale, it comes out to $11.93 plus tax, or just about $1.40 per bar. DELISH!
  • stephenryan758
    stephenryan758 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Pure protein has an available size that is a little smaller but has less carbs than Quest and more protein. If Im going for a protein bar give me less carbs and more protein. Pure does have one more gram of sugar but one gram is not going to make you fatter.