Does anyone else really HATE to exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• pinky68abc
    Options
    Yup I'm with you...not crazy about it at all. Now I do Wii just dance for 30 min a day and its fun. Time flies and its better than nothing.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You have to just push through. I used to hate it, but now I love it. Work out 5-6 times a week for 60-90 minutes a day.
  • rlv2
    rlv2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I usally hate it and feel out of breath for the first 5 mins... then if I push through it.... I can keep going after that... I switch it up... Treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike.... That seems to help...
  • tropicpalm
    tropicpalm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't mind exercising as much as I dislike the amount of time it takes out of my day. Also, due to health issues I've had, aches and weakness plagued me and I didn't achieve weight loss. I even worked with a personal trainer for a year and a half. Poor guy actually cried for me because he said he never knew anyone so dedicated who didn't get any results. It was so frustrating that I just gave up! Now, 20 pounds up and a lot less fit, I am starting over. Walking and dancing are things I enjoy, but not enough for me. I need to include weight training which is fine, but I don't like the feeling of pushing myself beyond where I am comfortable. Seems to be the theme for my life. :bigsmile:

A doctor recently told me that saunas are as good as exercise in many ways. I have a far infrared sauna that I use in conjunction with exercise. Some health clubs have them. See if it works for you. I use that time to listen to my meditations or read, so I kill two birds with one stone so to speak and feel it's more productive.
  • LisaR517
    Options
    I used to hate it. But then I MADE myself do it, over and over and over. And after a while, I started to actually like it! I shocked myself. Sometimes it still takes a little while to get into it when I start, but after a couple of minutes (and FOR SURE when I'm done), I like the activity.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Actually no, I don't. I like regimented exercise because I know what I'm going to be doing that day and it gives me no excuse NOT to workout. Even if my "regimented" workout falls to crap I still have a back up plan to do something. Like this week we were supposed to head back to the gym (I just finished Insanity and was on a gym hiatus while I did that) but we haven't and my back up has been running on the treadmill at home.

I love exercise. Do I dread getting up in the morning to go to the gym? Sure. Are there days when I think about what I have to do for my workout and want to vomit? Absolutely but once I get my butt in gear and get it over with I feel so much better and as if I accomplished something.
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I also hate exercising! And, I have never in my left a "runner's high" or the euphoria that people often talk about after exercising. When I exercise (even when I've done it consistently for weeks or months), I just feel tired afterward. This makes it quite challenging to continue doing it.

I have found that I do enjoy Zumba (still don't get the endorphin rush) but I enjoy it.

Good like finding something you can enjoy!

In the past,I have gotten an exercise high, so I know I can. I found that I needed to work out for at least 25" and break a sweat by 12" in or so to get the glow thing. Id *does* feel awesome, so I'm working back up to that again.

I found treadmill + MP3 player worked for a long time. I actually can watch TV at my gym and still work, so I do that sometimes, too.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hate it so damn much. So many people on the site are like I LOVE IT but I dread having to do it.

I do agree that there's gotta be something out there that you'd like though. For me, it's hiking. It burns mad calories but to me it doesn't feel like regimented exercise, and it gives me time to enjoy being outside and talking to my friend.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!! :explode:

But...I do it. It has helped tremendously with my fibromyalgia, and I feel stronger. So, I do it....doesn't mean I have to like it :grumble:
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hate it.
  • cindylu35
    cindylu35 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    youre rewarding yourself by feeling and looking great...you have to find out what you like and then youll have fun doing it..if you hate something youll never stick to it

This is an AWESOME way of putting it!! How inspiring...thank you.

I just made a sign for myself to put in front of my treadmill with pictures of myself back when I was thinner. It says "I Know this SUCKS, but keep going!! You are going to look and feel GREAT after you're done!!"
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE tennis..

Me too! I play 3+ times per week and incorproate workout elements into it was well.

I love working out though, including strength training and cardio stuff. I don't just run or lift though. I do things like sprints, bleachers sprints, tire flips, shuttle runs, etc. Gotta mix it up!
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    I love to exercise, especially if it is something that I really enjoy doing such as; TAE BO, Inline Skating, and now Insanity.