Aren't smart people awesome?

Options
2»

Replies

• alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    i waiting for a smart peoplkz to invent zipers on bananas.

srsly.

I'm smart enough to know that it's easier to un-zip a banana from the bottom - that's what chimpanzees do...and they're smart :glasses:
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    smart women are the biggest turn on

so are smart men :wink:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I do believe that smart people are more awesome than stupid people.

However, stupid people tend to be more fun to watch.

^^Exactly...without stupid people, there would be no People of Wal-Mart...I love that ****.
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do believe that smart people are more awesome than stupid people.

However, stupid people tend to be more fun to watch.

This ^^^ :smile:
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I might not have survived birth and childhood if not for the smart people who have developed medicine!

My son and I might not be here if not for the smart people at his birth :heart:
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for the smart people I would be walking more....just kidding :laugh:

So I can blame smart people for my being fat and out of shape then. I certainly shouldn't have to take responsibility for my choices. Should I? Someone please validate me.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I love smart people. If it weren't for them I wouldn't be as good at my job. They taught me a lot more than being in school did. Hello Oracle, my dba's and engineers I work with.. :-)
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Depends on your personal definition of smart (is this the same as intelligent?). I believe everyone is smart in different ways. No one has it all. I am good in math/science- but have no artistic ability, musical ability or common sense. Does that make me stupid to some- probably. Some can effortlessly draw or play music, but cannot perform simple math. Maybe saying you like smart people means you like people who are smart in the same way as you. Birds of a feather flock together.
  • the_crazy_ninja
    Options
    Yes, we are :glasses:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Depends on your personal definition of smart (is this the same as intelligent?). I believe everyone is smart in different ways. No one has it all. I am good in math/science- but have no artistic ability, musical ability or common sense. Does that make me stupid to some- probably. Some can effortlessly draw or play music, but cannot perform simple math. Maybe saying you like smart people means you like people who are smart in the same way as you. Birds of a feather flock together.

Ha ha, I so get this. I adore science fiction, can banter about the basics of quantum physics, write well, and do a myriad of other cool things that require some amount of smarts. But ask me to solve a two digit subtraction problem that requires borrowing?

:sad: I do that.

But I owe smart people so much of my life. My medications, my ability to reach out and talk to people on the internet, and the awesome smart people who provide low-cost health care for my cats. Also, I love smart people who can dumb it down without making me feel dumb.

THAT takes skill!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    i waiting for a smart peoplkz to invent zipers on bananas.

srsly.

I'm smart enough to know that it's easier to un-zip a banana from the bottom - that's what chimpanzees do...and they're smart :glasses:

Ok, I learned something today. Thank you. You have radically changed my life more with this small statement then the sum of all the fad diets, pills, enema posts wrapped together and used as fodder for my little pony gif bombs.

YOU ROCK!

edit: wait... I need a banana to test this out ... but today is orange day. :(
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everybody! Here's a compilation post.

Smart people rock because:

Of the medicine they've developed
    Including medicine for our furry friends (not talking about OB/GYN, but them too)
    Smart people (surgeons & other medical professionals) save lives
    Their inventions have made work easier for millions
    They make mistakes that we clean up for them, thereby giving us jobs
    Smart people write great books, giving us entertainment and jobs
    Smart women are hot
    Smart men are hot
    They teach a lot more than being in school did. e.g. Oracle, DBAs and engineers
    Observed chimpanzees opening bananas from the bottom and told all the rest of us that
    They can be smart in lots of different ways, including math/science, artistic ability, musical ability, common sense, etc.
    They can simplify and help us understand complex ideas.
    They invented the technology that made the following possible:
    -electricity
    -water filtration
    -work easier for millions
    -smartphones
    -MFP
    -cars that have awesome gas mileage and air pressure alerts
    -baby lulling sound machines
    -TV
    -Video games
    -MP3
    -Trains
    -The internet

Just as an FYI for those thinking I'm weird - well first of all, you're right, and secondly I originally posted this in response to somebody who was complaining about smart people and how unhelpful smart answers are. Keep all the smart :wink: answers coming!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everybody! Here's a compilation post.

Smart people rock because:

Of the medicine they've developed
    Including medicine for our furry friends (not talking about OB/GYN, but them too)
    Smart people (surgeons & other medical professionals) save lives
    Their inventions have made work easier for millions
    They make mistakes that we clean up for them, thereby giving us jobs
    Smart people write great books, giving us entertainment and jobs
    Smart women are hot
    Smart men are hot
    They teach a lot more than being in school did. e.g. Oracle, DBAs and engineers
    Observed chimpanzees opening bananas from the bottom and told all the rest of us that
    They can be smart in lots of different ways, including math/science, artistic ability, musical ability, common sense, etc.
    They can simplify and help us understand complex ideas.
    They invented the technology that made the following possible:
    -electricity
    -water filtration
    -work easier for millions
    -smartphones
    -MFP
    -cars that have awesome gas mileage and air pressure alerts
    -baby lulling sound machines
    -TV
    -Video games
    -MP3
    -Trains
    -The internet

Just as an FYI for those thinking I'm weird - well first of all, you're right, and secondly I originally posted this in response to somebody who was complaining about smart people and how unhelpful smart answers are. Keep all the smart :wink: answers coming!

:heart:
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Don't confuse smart with educated or educated with smart.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You shore do got a purdy mouf!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Marry.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

That's akin to not confusing ignorance with stupidity.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    What about smart a$$es?

Those are by far superior!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Stupid is as stupid does, same as intelligence, give me people with decent to great work ethic.