how do i get rid of flab???

blondie_girl14
blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
especially on my arms, belly and thighs...oh and *kitten* lol
(I am especially self-concious about my arms though)

Jessica

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    i've got the flab too! :P

cardio works wonders, not to mention ditching the junk and eating healthy. if i eat healthy for just 3 days'ish' i notice tha tmy body looks more trim
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    CARDIO!!! Just get that body moving and start burning calories. That is the only way to get rid of fat/flab. Strength training is also very important, so don't stop that, but you won't be able to see those results until you burn the layer of fat off!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    cardio, strength training, and eating right :) Unfortunately there isn't a way to "spot reduce" certain areas. If that were the case, I'd want my stomach & thighs to lose inches....not my boobs! HAHA! But, keep being persistant in your workouts and you'll start to notice toning all over your body. And don't be afraid to do strength training. It will make you look lean, and the muscle you build will burn fat! How awesome!! keep working hard!! Good luck to you!
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    thanks for the tips!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Short version: Eat less - move more,,, :-)

Longer version:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories. Exercise is a self-feeding phenomenon. If you push yourself to do just a little today (it's supposed to be hard,,, it's exercise ) then you'll feel better about it and it'll be easier to do it again tomorrow. Then in a week you'll be able to do more, and it'll start to get fun. In a year you might be running 10k's,,, it's up to you.

And drink your water.

"Do - or do not. There is no 'try"
    Yoda.
  • MelissaLu
    MelissaLu Posts: 83
    Use a stability ball! it's awesome you can really feel the burn and it's the best thing that I've seen results from. And it's FUN! =D
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    And...wait...wait allot, you've got to be super patient. If you're 30+ lbs overweight then you'll find results can come quick, but the closer you get to being truly athletically fit and you're looking to getting rid of the things that only stand out when you've got a bikini or sleeveless shirt... well it's takes a long time and allot of patience. But everything's relative: I mean it might take a year or two, that might seem like allot but when you think about it in the scope of your lifetime, it's a small cost and it's much easier to maintain those looks for the decades to come.
This discussion has been closed.