stopped loosing weight

Options
I've lost 8lb since starting this but seem to have stopped loosing weight now:( has this started to happen to anyone else??

Replies

• aiziks251
    Options
    I plateaued at around 30 lbs lost. It took me a couple of months to get past it, I ended up ratcheting up my workout before I finally started seeing some more downward momentum.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I suspect it has happened to 95% of the members on here. Do you have a particular question?
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8lb since starting this but seem to have stopped loosing weight now:( has this started to happen to anyone else??

Seems to be a fairly common problem for people starting out.

For people to give you (good) advice you'll have to give out your stats... age, height, weight, current calorie targets and exercise patterns.

Andy
  • rachlat
    Options
    This may sound a bit obvious but have you looked at your goals? I had a few weeks where I stayed the same and couldn't see why so I looked at my goals and small things had changed like my excercise wasn't as much due to the winter weather (I cycle) I wasn't doing the same times as in the summer.
    Also when MFP offers to reset targets let it because as we lose weight, we need to adjust the calories.

If this fails, try to up the excercise and you can reduce your intake by 150- 200 cal a day without significant risk. I always try not to eat what I bank through working out.

Also if you are doing lots of excercise, you are probably toning up and developing muscle which as we know weighs more than fat so it may be an initial trade of in which case don't worry too much. We tend to tone up first and shed weight second. Have a look in the mirror or see how clothes are fitting/how you are feeling. These things are just as important.
    Hope this helps
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    This may sound a bit obvious but have you looked at your goals? I had a few weeks where I stayed the same and couldn't see why so I looked at my goals and small things had changed like my excercise wasn't as much due to the winter weather (I cycle) I wasn't doing the same times as in the summer.
    Also when MFP offers to reset targets let it because as we lose weight, we need to adjust the calories.

If this fails, try to up the excercise and you can reduce your intake by 150- 200 cal a day without significant risk. I always try not to eat what I bank through working out.

Also if you are doing lots of excercise, you are probably toning up and developing muscle which as we know weighs more than fat so it may be an initial trade of in which case don't worry too much. We tend to tone up first and shed weight second. Have a look in the mirror or see how clothes are fitting/how you are feeling. These things are just as important.
    Hope this helps

All types of wrong in this post.

You can't tell this lady to up exercise and reduce her intake without knowing what she is already doing. She may already be on a 1200 calorie diet and exercising daily. If that is the case what you have suggested will probably fail to improve her weight less stall. If anything it will make it far worse. It's impossible to advise her without far more information.

Again, we do not have enough information to say if she is developing muscle that is masking any weight loss. If the OP is currently weightlifting and eating close to her TDEE with decent levels of protein then she may be building muscle whilst reducing her fat. I say it is doubtful though. You do not built enough muscle whilst calorie restricting to explain a plateaux in most cases.
  • traceyjg
    traceyjg Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for the advise, I am 46 years old, 4` 11", weigh 117lb, I work out 2/3 Times a week, burning roughly 250 calories, I'm currently on 1200 calories a day, but do nit consume that amount. Hope this helps with answering my previous question?