workout clothes

Options
2»

Replies

• OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Not sure if the "applause" is from the Girls - but Moving Comfort Fiona is my hands down fave sports bra.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I like Nike and can normally find great sales/clearence on them at places like the Academy, TJ Max, ect.. I also like some of Target's clothes as well
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Go to Marshall's or TJMax, stores like that. You can get Under Armor, Nike, all those brands for really cheap.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Don't 'cheap out' on a good sports bra...that's the most important thing you need (aside from good shoes)

Kohls always has good prices on Nike workout clothes, and if you have a credit card there (or a friend who does)...wait till you can get an additional 30% off coupon and load up.

Personally, I buy decent shorts and capris, but I prefer to workout in Old Navy tank tops....I load up when they're like $3 and can use them for a long time, and then throw them away without flinching about the cost....
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like Target sports bras (C9), old navy active stuff. Old Navy is not that expensive and goes on sale a lot.

I just purchased some active/running pants from Old Navy and love em. Their bra is nice too, however it's got them little "wedges" that I'm not a fan of...but I hubby likes the looks of it. So, it supports AND impresses. ;)
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I wear a good sports bra and if doing an energetic cardio class will also wear a Roots yoga top my brother sent me from Canada. The combination of both really hold me down though I'm 'only' a 38DD! Outerwear is whichever old saggy t shirt is clean plus some capri pants or running leggings that I've had for 5 years! So long as the t shirt is long enough to cover my bum I really don't think anyone is going to be judging me for not wearing designer work out clothes!
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    JCPenny has a decent selection of plus size workout clothes in good price range.
  • bizzyboo1
    Options
    I'm going to disagree wtih all the folks that recommend splurging on good sports bras. I've found that instead I just use two cheap ones and that works out GREAT for me. I typically get whatever is cheapest at Target or Khol's and get two matching ones. Kohl's also carries Fila workout shorts/pants/capri's as well as work out shirts that ususaly have media pockets which I really like. Whenever I get a 30% of coupon I ususally increase my wardrobe!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    try consigment shops for tops. i shop at a very nice one and have very cute nike and name brand shirts that the wealthier people decided to consign--not donate--- and its always in greta shape and great prices :)
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I buy all my workout gear from TJMaxx/Marshall's. I usually wear a sports bra (I have a bunch of different brands and don't have a favorite), tank top, and compression capris. Shorts ride up (no thanks!) and pants are too hot, plus the compression capris hold everything in place when I'm bouncing around. Hope that helps!

Bouncing around?! :D

:O
  • dotknott
    dotknott Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I get almost all my workout clothes from TJ Maxx / Marshalls.

I can often get morera and marika tops there for $10-$25 and simple jockey bottoms for $10. I don't need fancy, but I find that those two tops brands provide just enough support for me though I'm only a B or C cup now that I've started losing weight.
  • Katia_B
    Options
    I'm going to disagree wtih all the folks that recommend splurging on good sports bras. I've found that instead I just use two cheap ones and that works out GREAT for me. I typically get whatever is cheapest at Target or Khol's and get two matching ones. Kohl's also carries Fila workout shorts/pants/capri's as well as work out shirts that ususaly have media pockets which I really like. Whenever I get a 30% of coupon I ususally increase my wardrobe!

Great solution and very helpful tip! I'll try doing that for yoga.

Unfortunately, with a GG cup, that doesn't work for me for the intense cardio. Gotta have max support! :ohwell:

I go for Freya or Panache, but loved Moving Comfort before I exceeded their sizing.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options

I do the same thing. Got some Target (I think Champion brand) bras on sale for like $5. I usually buy two different sizes, one to cover the girls and then a smaller one to go over and hold them in place. I love Target's champion line shirts too (kind of a dry-fit cotton, I don't like the full-on technical fabrics). A large at Target is nice and baggy on me. A large from someone like Nike makes me look like a toothpaste tube :laugh: However, I do splurge on running shoes (duh) and on shorts/pants. I really Nike's double shorts, forget what they are called but compression shorts underneath with loser shorts over the top. I like the compression but then not so tight everyone can see all the details. I do the same in cold weather, compression leggings underneath with loose shorts over, yeah I am kind of modest I guess!