Chunky Girl needs help

Options
Well I am 5'4 weighing in at 356 I joined the gym a week ago, so I am getting back into the swing of actually moving my body and it sucks I am only 26 and I just want to make a life style change my birthday is in july and I wanted to lost at least 30 pounds by then. I crave salts and sugars I have no health problems my doctor told me I need to starve myself and exercise more he recommended I go on a 1200 calorie diet for 3 months I cried and cried but I wan a change I am tired of being the fat pretty girl, I want to be fit my goal is to reach 245 I know that is still heavy but I was very beautiful at that weight no stomach no dimples no nothing just tight and solid.

I went in hard I did not buy chips, soda, juice just packs of water and about 4 packs of slimfast for meal replacements. As my workouts I do at least 25 to 30 minutes of the elliptical machine and I do leg press, free weights, ab crunches, I work my arms, I told myself after week two i was gonna walk a hour a day plus go to the gym but I am scared I might burn out. I feel very low, I am not the type I am not proud of my weight it takes a toll on my back legs and now I am at a 44ddd i cant afford 100 dollar bras so I need to make a change, I want a child my doctor has told me with the weight I will not have one, I am a emotional wreck I am sorry for taking up you guys time, surgery is not a option I am scared and nowadays doctors dont save lives its about money I have two working legs and arms I just need to find out what to do my BMI is 61. my BMR is 2382.2.

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you don't need to go on a 1200 cals/day diet to see results. There's a thread here "in place of a road map" which explains how to calculate how many calories your body needs each day, then work out from that how much you need to eat in order to lose weight at a steady but healthy rate.

Usually this method you eat TDEE - 20% (i.e. 20% less than you burn each day) but as you have more to lose, you can safely cut to TDEE - 30%. You will see faster results this way, and it's safe for you while you're carrying a lot of extra fat. As you lose fat and get closer to the healthy range, then you'll need to slow the fat loss down to TDEE - 20%. If none of this paragraph makes sense, read the road map thread first, then come back and read this paragraph again.

you CAN do this, and you don't need to torture or starve yourself in the process. There are quite a few people here who have successfully lost this amount of weight, and I know people on other forums who have done this, using the same method. You have a lot of determination to change and that'll go a long way to helping you to make these changes :flowerforyou:
  • victoriaplum85
    victoriaplum85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Love, you are doing well - you are motivated and want to do this for the right reasons.
    This is what i started doing to loose weight initially and it helped a lot, it's not for everyone but it's a suggestion for now. It's $69 AUD and pretty easy to follow. They say you need to follow it to a t but i have to have a sanity day of one meal a week of whatever i want so i can keep on track. https://www.cleaneatingdietplan.com/aus/
    I also try and move in my day some way or another even if it is as simple as walking 20 mins further to get something - any movement is good!
    I wish you all the best x
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Dont eat 1200! you can easily lose weight not eating that little.

The workout part you are doing great just by moving more than you did before. Dont burn yourself just do as much as you can.

Make good food choices. If you like to cook learn to cook healthier instead of buying frozen foods (CHEAPER, Im always thinking cheaper)

30lbs by Jul is a doable goal. You can do it :) GOOD LUCKKK!
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1200 calories was very difficult for me. I found out my my calories range and went with 1500. If I start to plateau I am going to to change it to the TDEE-20% that everyone talks about. MFP community always says it is hard to eat more, but sometimes that is what your body needs to lose weight.
  • papayamischief
    papayamischief Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie. I've had problems with doctors before too. Don't listen to him: restricting your calories so drastically isn't healthy, even if it's for a short period. You said that your BMR is 2382? That's how much you need to eat calorie wise to maintain your body-weight at REST. So if you even get up to go to the bathroom, or take a walk, you're burning calories if you eat that much. If you entered in your goal on here, it should have given you something similar (but a little less) to how many calories you need to eat daily. Follow that - not the 1200 limit, because that's the recommended bottom limit for girls who aren't chunky (like you and I). Try to eat healthy foods: salads, fresh fruits and veggies. Try to get exercise, and keep yourself hydrated. Read the beginners links (over and over) like I did. And don't give up on yourself - no matter what.
    Also, remember: you already ARE beautiful. :smile: