Awkward gym moments...

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
This morning, I was in the shower...the lady next to me was making...noises one might make in other places...if you know what I mean. Supremely awkward. Who needs to make those sounds in the shower?! I don't care how good the hot water feels!

What are some of your awkward moments at the gym?

Replies

• MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    When I get caught staring at early 20-something girls in yoga pants who do the elliptical. #awkwardfeels
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    This morning, I was in the shower...the lady next to me was making...noises one might make in other places...if you know what I mean. Supremely awkward. Who needs to make those sounds in the shower?! I don't care how good the hot water feels!

See, THIS is why I should be showering in the ladies locker room. Discrimination sucks.
  • MSeel1984
    Options

See, THIS is why I should be showering in the ladies locker room. Discrimination sucks.

Dude...let's just put it this way. She was not a young woman. She wasn't a middle-aged woman.

Far more awkward. I'm not trying to be rude or hurtful-I don't care what her age is...in-approp.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Dude...let's just put it this way. She was not a young woman. She wasn't a middle-aged woman.

Far more awkward. I'm not trying to be rude or hurtful-I don't care what her age is...in-approp.

Oh sure, ruin it for me. A rich fantasy life is all I got! :grumble:
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    When I get caught staring at early 20-something girls in yoga pants who do the elliptical. #awkwardfeels

ahahaha....no worries, if it was me, I'd just stare back
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    That moment when you are in the squat rack with tunes blaring, and you push up so hard that you fart, and you are not sure how loud it is!
  • MSeel1984
    Options

LoL! Aww... Sorry :(

She was 20-something. Long black hair...better?
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    That moment when you are in the squat rack with tunes blaring, and you push up so hard that you fart, and you are not sure how loud it is!

Thank you for making me LOL. Literally.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

HAHAHA.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options

This is why I work out at home and not at a gym!
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Thank you for making me LOL. Literally.

Your welcome.....since it happened this morning!! :flowerforyou:
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    When girls think I'm following them in the gym because the machine they're using just so happens to be in front of the squat rack/bench/power rack/dumbbell rack/pull-up bar/dips/cable machine/the corner I t-bar row in. Or perhaps they're following me?
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    While doing a 1-minute situp test with a friend holding my feet. Yep - farted right in her face. I apologized and kept going. She was such a great sport about it.

Fast forward to a few weeks later when she and I are working out together - we're doing situps on the stability ball right next to each other and I farted AGAIN!

This has never happend around anyone else but her....
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When girls think I'm following them in the gym because the machine they're using just so happens to be in front of the squat rack/bench/power rack/dumbbell rack/pull-up bar/dips/cable machine/the corner I t-bar row in. Or perhaps they're following me?

I'd be the on following you....just sayin'.
  • Daxton
    Daxton Posts: 17 Member
    Options

See, I had a similar episode, with some pretty young thing on the eliptical in front of my treadmill. Imagine trying to find an appropriate focal point when your jealous wife is trying to melt your brain with her stare on your left side. She later attested that there were SO MANY OTHER eliptical machines PYT could have chosen. I remained silent.

There is no such thing as a safe place, only safer.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My gym has separate shower rooms with doors that you can lock. Because of that, a lot of funny business goes on.

The most awkard moment I've had is when I walked into the family locker room to get my son's swimming trunks. I was fumbling with the locker next to one of the shower bathrooms and 2 people stumbled out completely giddy. I thought it was kind of weird, but dimissed it. All of the other restrooms were taken so I had to run in there to go. It REAKED of sex. You know what smell I'm talking about.

At least they were making the most out of their workout time.
  • Daxton
    Daxton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My gym has separate shower rooms with doors that you can lock. Because of that, a lot of funny business goes on.

The most awkard moment I've had is when I walked into the family locker room to get my son's swimming trunks. I was fumbling with the locker next to one of the shower bathrooms and 2 people stumbled out completely giddy. I thought it was kind of weird, but dimissed it. All of the other restrooms were taken so I had to run in there to go. It REAKED of sex. You know what smell I'm talking about.

That WAS their workout time. All 30 calories of it.
  • beautyimthebeast
    Options
    Random dude with boner and not having underwear only jogging pants! BLOOD FLOW YEAH
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options

hahah... good stuff... hahah
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

That WAS their workout time. All 30 calories of it.

My gym is stupid pricey so hopefully not. They could find a public restroom much cheaper elsewhere.

I've actually seen people log it here, but their sessions are more impressive than 30 cals. Makes you wonder if they're swinging by their feet or something.