HEART RATE MONITOR

Options
C21x
C21x Posts: 22 Member
Can anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor? I do mainly cycling but i do other activities as well

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Garmin has some cool cycling computers that also connect to a HRM. They are the "Edge" series. If you are primarily interested in the HRM part of it, though, then Polar is better at that part. (Garmin is better at the GPS stuff.)
  • flipchickmc
    flipchickmc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar F6!
  • dmrudy
    dmrudy Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a polar heart rate monitor and haven't had any problems with it. Plus, you can get different watches to go with the band....I have a pink one! :-) Good luck!!
  • ldarter
    ldarter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F11 and love it. It works for any sport and gives high and average heart rates, time in zones, calorie count, etc. Wasn't very expensive and does the job.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I lOVE my reebok XT. Works perfectly and is half the price of the polars.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The following is an excellent blog that talks about things you may want to know before purchasing a HRM. Its really great and gives some excellent explanations.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F11 as well, and love the fact that I can upload the info onto the Polar website (calories burned, intensity, average Heart Rate, Max Heart Rate, etc).

Got it on ebay for much less than a retail dealer, has a warranty, and have had no problems with it. I've learned a lot about my heart during exercise with it! :smile:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have IGYM and it has been great for me! I got it at academy sports for @ $40
  • flipchickmc
    flipchickmc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The following is an excellent blog that talks about things you may want to know before purchasing a HRM. Its really great and gives some excellent explanations.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

Definitely read this!!
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used or heard anything good about the: Omron HR-100C Heart Rate Monitor.

I have an Omron pedometer and I love it. I like the easy to use software. This is much much cheaper than the Polar, but since I'm thinking about buying one. I thought I would check to see if anyone has any feedback.

Amazon has some good reviews.