Honda Fit or Kia Soul

Options
2»

Replies

• I'm a biker and from my experience you just can't beat a Honda. My first motorcycle in 1972 was a Honda. Their automobiles are built with the same quality. You can't go wrong owning one. Good luck.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Heidi, not disagreeing with any of what you said. My concern beside employing American workers and contributing to the economy is where do the profits and tax dollars go? I agree it is a complex industry with both American and foreign suppliers to auto industry. I've dealt with those folks as well. My goal is supporting American Industry and workers to the fullest extent possible by purchasing American Made products. Before I purchase something I check the label for where it's made, doesn't matter if it's a AA cell battery or a refrigerator. I'll pay more if I have to for an American made product.
    I didn't think you were...and I agree with supporting the economy (and I really try to focus more locally).

As far as profits...they go back into the company and reinvested in that company's ventures all over the globe (which they all have). It also goes to the shareholders, of course (who are also all over the world), and in some cases, profit sharing to employees. I guess what I'm saying is - regardless of what vehicle you buy..there's simply no way to guarantee that your money will stay here in the U.S. and you can't assume it will leave the country either. :ohwell:
  • krowanvil
    krowanvil Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Reasons I bought a Kia Soul
    1. Sits higher than a car which makes it easier to put children in car seats.
    2. Sits higher which makes it easier to put me a a seat.
    3. The seats were less cramped (side to side) than most small cars I test drove.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Personally I would have chose the Honda CRZ ... but... yeah... not with a kid lol