I need help losing weight!!

Options
My fiance said he loves me any weight I am. I miss my old body before him and our daughter. Me and him been together 3 years and our daughter is 2yrs old. I was 210pounds when I was pregnant. I miss wearing size 16 jeans and shorts. I miss wearing Large and XLarge shirts, tank tops, tops, blouses. I look at my old clothes and feel like crying. Before my fiance I had friends well only 2 that I was active with we walked around outside and inside walmart a thousand times. I'm not friends with them anymore because we have different lifes now. I would like to have new mature friends. I more would like mothers to go to the gym with or just walk around outside...and trade healthy recipes with and motivated each other. I would like to go to Zumba, or Planet Fitness or YMCA. I'm accidented to Big Red, Sunkist and coca cola...I do try to eat healthy. Me and my daughter live with my mom in Elizabeth Indiana. I dont work. I take care of my daughter. I'm going to ged classes tuesdays and thrusdays. I want to get my ged and go to beauty school. I had Thyroid Cancer 6yrs ago, I had my whole thyroid removed that year in october and I have to take a pill once a day everyday for the rest of my life. I had to have an injection once a year every year and blood test done to see if the cancer has came back or not. I did lose my grandma/best friend june 6 2011. That was every hard on me and still is.
I weigh 233 pounds I would like to be 200 pounds or less. I just dont have anyone to motivat me. My mom has boarder line diabetes and I dont want to have diabetes.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The first step is deciding you want to do something. Second, take at look at small things you can change. Ditch the soda. A really good rule of thumb when starting out is don't drink your calories, for me, the only exception being milk since it's so good for you. I know that's easier said than done, so "ration" your soda. Week one, say, "Only 3 sodas today". Week two, only 2 a day, until eventually they're gone. If that's completely not doable for you, switch to diet. I know it's not great, but if you're drinking 3 or 4 pops a day and you switch the diet (or cut them out), you'll save probably 500 calories a day. Watch portion sizes. Start to track what you eat and really get an idea for how much you're eating. Then start to make healthier choices, smaller portions and swaps.

Do you have a local Y? You can often get scholarships if you're low income, and they typically have childcare. I bet they have classes you could try. Is there a local MOPS group or anything like that you could join to meet "mom friends".

And, some tough love here, only you can motivate you. I yo-yoed and b!tched and moaned about my weight, but got mad if my husband would try to get me to exercise or mention snacking or anything. I finally realized that I wanted to do it for me, I was sick of being sick of it, that Atkins and other things weren't for me, and I switched to calorie counting. I haven't looked back. I used a different website to track, but mostly the same pilosophy as MFP. I lost about 45 pounds, and I've kept 35 of it off (the holidays killed me) for over a year. I realized that I had to want it, that I didn't have to go balls to the wall from day one, and I looked at it not as a diet, but as a lifestyle. I've made changes that will stick with me, I workout regularly, and hate to miss. If you need additional motivation, use your daughter. I love that being lighter and more fit allows me to run around with my kids more and dance and be goofy and not get tired as quickly. You may also avoid health issues that could take you from her too soon by doing this. It's hard, it sucks at times, but you CAN do it! You can come here for support if you can't find RL buddies.