Juice anyone?

Options
Faithhopenlove
Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
:smile: Hi, I recently saw this documentary (Hungry for Change) and it has really inspired me to think about the nutritional content of the food that I put into my body (despite the fact that it may be low carb, cal. fat etc...) So I really want to start juicing, but I'm not too sure where to start.

For those of you that juice what are some of your go to recipes?

Thanks

Replies

• Em6212
    Em6212 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I never really use a recipe when I juice. I try to put some vegetables in that I know I would never eat normally- like kale, celery, and cucumbers- but also add fruit and other vegetables to sweeten. Apples, carrots, and grapes are all great ways to sweeten. You can find some recipes online, but I personally like to just play around with it. Granted I drink it whether it tastes good or not because I know I need the nutrients and I don't want to waste the produce. I say the most important thing is to get a good juicer. I have the Jack LaLaine's Power Juicer. It works great, is easy to clean, and comes with a recipe book. The recipes in the book use mostly fruit and very little vegetables, which is why I don't use it though. Sorry this is so long, but I hope that it helps some. Feel free to message me if you have any more questions. Another great documentary about juicing is "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". That's what really opened my eyes to the benefits of juicing. Good luck!