Just getting started here

Options
Hi all. I am a few days into this after starting on my own a few months ago. I am finally making time to get healthy. I am on my way to feeling good and looking better. I seem to be doing okay, but the morning rush always gets me and that is when I could do better with my food choices. Any quick, easy, filling, healthy breakfast ideas would be great -and if you know how to get a 6-year-old out the door without him fighting with his brothers, that may help, too! C:

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Why not boil a few eggs the night before. These are easy to deshell and take for later. Add a piece of fruit or a carton of yogurt for a pretty good meal! Why not join me for a Skinny Wed. Challenge tomorrow?! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/90036-skinnnnnnnny-wed-challenge
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html

the above link will bring you to "egg muffins" I had tried the South Beach Diet.. wasn't for me, but there are some GREAT recipes that were for me. No need to buy the book either.. the web has all the recipes on it. I do a variation of these muffins.. almost all egg whites and add some "fake egg stuff" to give it some yellow color. I use a LOT more veggies too and less meat.. but it is all up to you. The great thing is to keep it in your freezer and they are ready to go.. on the link above you'll find a lot more links to a lot more breakfast ideas.

My kid is almost 13.. I work and she gets herself up each day, gets ready and gets to school all by herself.. not to make you jealous :) just no advice on the 6-year-old..
  • brendabuckeye
    brendabuckeye Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    FabulousFifty -

Thanks for the idea on the eggs.. i should do that for my kids, too. I have to get the junky pop-tarts outta here for their sake. Sorry I have missed most of skinny Wednesday. Wednesdays are hectic evenings right now due to the kids' schedules. That will switch to other nights (and multiply) when baseball starts. I have been drinking more water tonight since reading up on skinny Wednesdays. I will double my water tomorrow - thanks for the motivation!

Coniconstance -

I will check out the site. I love, love, love new recipes, and something I can pop out of the freezer would be awesome. Thanks a bunch. The 6-year-old is getting easier, and he does motivate me to get moving. I've got to get in better shape so I can still outrun him across the yard. He might win now if he could stop giggling the whole way!