More breakfast and lunch meal-types?

Options
Hi guys and gals,

I would like to know about more different kinds of breakfast/lunch meal, which aren't hard to make, and don't take up too much time. So far, this is literally all I could come up with:

* Oats/porridge(+ pb&j/banana/flax/berries/apple/cacao powder/raisins)
* Omelet(+ salsa/spinach/flax/salmon)
* Toast/tortilla(+ omelet/flax/turkey/philadelphia/pb/salmon)
* Fruit(apple/berries/banana)
* Cereal(loops/balans) in milk/yogurt
* Yogurt(+ berries/cereal/raisins/cacao/banana)

Any other healthy and handy meal type's?

Replies

• sarah11918
    sarah11918 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One lesson we learned by traveling to different parts of the world: breakfast doesn't have to be "breakfast food." Sometimes we'd look at our hotel/restaurant breakfast and think, "You eat THIS for breakfast?" But after a while, we started to realize that food is food, a good meal is a good meal, and it doesn't matter when you eat them.

What about leftovers for breakfast? That's pretty quick. And if it was good enough for you to eat for Tuesday's dinner, why not Friday's breakfast?

So I don't have specific food recommendations, but just the reminder that any food CAN be breakfast food. Maybe that will help you think about things you could have for breakfast you might not have considered.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    sandwiches, salads, quinoa, canned soups, pasta, rice...
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Baked beans on toast. I add cheese and hot dogstomine.
    Traditional fry up is fairly simple, shrooms, eggs/ tofu, toast, beans, tomato.
    Left over pizza, yum.
    Pretend you're in europe and have pastries.

Curry, noodles.
  • cindygretz
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion since I started with MFP two weeks ago that meals don't have to look like traditional meals.

For instance, I kept looking at this alfredo sauce I had in the cabinet. It's been there for a couple of months, since before I started getting serious about weight loss. I really wanted it, but to add that to pasta would have been wayyyy too many calories for one meal. So instead of pasta today for lunch I had 3oz of grilled chicken, 1 cup of mixed veggies, and 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce with a piece of whole wheat low cal toast.

Oh and 5 strawberries for desert haha...

Another of my favorites started out a spinach salad until I realized I forgot my dressing so I tossed my grilled chicken spinach salad (with lowfat shredded cheese) into the microwave at work. The cheese melting kind of wilted the spinach, softened the onions and I ate the whole thing on the two pieces of whole wheat toast I brought to eat for snack on break.

If I can't decide what I want that day I just start tossing in a serving of this and that... turkey jerky, a chunk of cheese, cup of fruit, an apple, a banana, couple pieces of toast, carrot sticks, some pretzel sticks, a bowl of fresh greens, some trail mix and a fat free pudding (calcium!). Since I pre-portion everything into 'calorie packs' I know what everything is worth and breaks and lunch are just kind of a munchie fest.
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually have one of three things: Eggs sometimes with bacon, cereal and milk, or an english muffin with peanut butter.

I usually make a soup or chili on the weekend and freeze a few lunch portions that I can defrost for lunches during the week. Also, I like to cook extra dinner and set aside some for lunch the next day (leftovers).