Why I don't give up!

Options
I'm down 25lbs since this past summer. It was the heaviest I've ever been (257lbs) and it wasn't until January that I actually started to care about losing weight and improving my life!

Since then, I've been doing yoga a few times a week, hitting the gym several (4-6) times a week (most weeks) and I am so excited to say that at yoga last night I was able to do poses I've never been able do to before! My body is now able to bend in ways I never thought possible. I feel like 25lbs is small in the long run of things, seeing as how I am wanting to lose about 75lbs more; however its a great feeling hearing that I look thinner and fitter, and that I KNOW I am doing well for my body!

I know how easy it is to think "I don't feel like working out today" or "I'm going to have a f*** it day" but trust me when I tell you...even 25lbs less feels SO worth it! Don't get me wrong, I still eat things I shouldn't, but its not HUGE servings at a time anymore.

You all can do it, its a long long journey! Don't let your ups and downs get in the way of your long term goals!

Replies

• LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    Congrats! I so need to start yoga to help my runs!

Good Luck on your journey!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You know what this deserves a double bump! Youre body is getting stronger! My loss has been very slow and steady, and although there are times when I wish it would hurry up. I feel like I have to do the mind work first before I can move on and know that this will be permanent, so I'm the turtle in this race and feel perfectly fine with that.

I want to commend you for seeing the real work that you are doing. There's only one thing that should be important in our goal to get fit and that is we are healthy! Nothing means more than being healthy and knowing that you can get into some pretty funky poses, LOL ;)! Keep up the hard work. I would love to add you as a friend seems like you share the same philosophy.
  • JSN66614
    Options
    Congratulations hun and this is absolutely great! Yoga is great for flexibility and the more you do it the better it gets.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

nevergiveupmouse_zps67840eff.jpg
  • loseweightIhope
    Options
    Congratulations keep up the good work!
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Amazing Work Good for YOU!!!!