To lie or not to lie? That is the question.

Here in Ohio we have to put our weight on our driver's license. I have to go renew my license, as my birthday is approaching soon. I am debating whether or not to give my goal weight, the weight I think I can get away with, or my current weight. One good thing though... I am happy to say that any of these weights would be lower than what is currently on there.

What weight would you use, if you had to give one?

Replies

• surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    actual weight, to compare that year to the next renewal. It's like having accountability for the length of your license haha..
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Truth. 100% of the time.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    That is an awful requirement. I would lie. I would use the one I can get away with.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Current weight. So then when you renew again, you can be reminded of how far you've come.

And in the meantime, you can use your honest weight on there to shame yourself into losing the weight.

That's what's I'd do anyway.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Always do the next right thing in life...in this case be truthful
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Always do the next right thing in life...in this case be truthful
    9/10 would bang
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Actual weight.

Course, I'm at goal weight, so yea.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Depending on how often you have to renew it... I'd put the goal weight. Our renewal time is 5 years... so I wouldn't want that weight on there for 5 more years! I'd just it as motivation to make sure I got down to my goal weight and had the license to prove it.

I say that - and my license still says my weight from when I got the permit at 15 (I'm 22 now). The first renewal she didn't ask to change it.... so I didn't! So it's kind of like having my goal already on there.

edited for my horrible spelling.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    I'd shave off 5 pounds but mostly be honest
  • Move to another state. Here in PA they stopped asking for weight and hair color. If that isn't an option, be honest. Then when you get stopped the nice officer will say, "Hey you look great!".
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Serious? Just be honest. It seems trivial to lie.