Really hungry but running out of calories

Options
2»

Replies

• BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Vegatables, tea and water! Carrots, Celery, bean sprouts, things that arent' much at all if any. And water sometimes when you think your hungry your actually dehydrated.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    How much are you eating per day, anyway?
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    If you go over today it won't kill you. make up for it tomorrow with some extra exercise
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you are 5`4" and 132lbs (119lbs) so not sure what your weight is or how much you are eating...so can not really offer any help.

Other than to say what works for me is eating lots of protein during the day which fills me up and meets my MFP calorie goals?
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you can go and burn a few calories : do it.

Otherwise, go over your calories. Just don't over-do it... be sensible and stop when you're full. Personally, when I'm starving with minimal calories left I find if I go over slightly (I stress, slightly) I tend not to crazy on a bag of Cheetos later.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    it's really not a big deal to go over a day or two a week. i do it all the time. if i'm still hungry after i've eaten i eat pickles wedges, baby carrots, a string cheese, apples, berries, cucumber slices with salt/pep. all those are very low calorie per serving and i promise they won't hurt you!
  • ThePersnicketyOtter
    Options
    I've heard some people say that if you go over for the day, figure up your total goal for the week and try to still be under that. Honestly, if it's only either by a hundred or so calories over, or only one day out of the week, I don't worry about it too much.

But I haven't been at this for too long so I'm not sure I'm in the right to do that or not yet.
  • renitawalker9
    Options
    Broccoli and other fibrous veggies (Zuchinni, Summer squash, mushrooms, onions, romaine lettuce, etc) are your best friend. You can eat quite a bit of them and some protein for dinner to add up to 300 calories. most of my meals are right around 300 calories, dinner being my lightest meal usually and lunch and dinner contain at least a cup of fibrous veg. In fact, more than 1 cup fibrous vegetables is sometimes too much. fibrous veggies will fill you up with less and keep you full longer because of the fiber.
  • ChrisAndBi
    ChrisAndBi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I felt really hungry all the time when I first started using MFP, some long evenings were awful trying not to be hungry. The mantra here, though, is that this is a lifetime lifestyle change. So we don't suffer a sentence of hardship for a few months, nor do we return to our old habits that drove us to do this to lose weight. I have found this a brilliant place to learn, at my own pace, what works for me using the MFP formula and the forum to guide me as to how to make it work.

I discovered a small thing that turned my endless hunger round. It was simply that I ate too little for breakfast, thats all. I found I could say no early in the day, and so I did, in the hope of saving my precious calories for my evening desperation. Well a bigger breakfast and a good lunch worked a treat, and like magic I don't feel so hungry later. It still gets tricky, sometimes, but I don't worry about going over my 'budget' now and then. Losing weight isn't a punishment. For me its the sane alternative to eating like an idiot as (I did).